banned by trigger happy admin

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

banned by trigger happy admin

Hey
    After a very long break I've dicided to play some UT99 again, I was glad to see that the UK servers are still up and running (I used to play a lot on these servers), I quickly joined the UK insa server, only to get banned 2 minutes later for 3 matches. I didn't say a word, killed 5 or 6 ppl and died 2 times. Cant even blame me for camping or whatever as I was running for they enemy flag all the time. My nack was: sdf and the map was: Control. Happened like 20 minutes ago.

I know it's just for 3 matches, but WTF. Who is abusing his admin rights?
    I guess if I join again when the ban is lifted and ask the admin why he banned me, I will get banned again. Will try anyway.

i banned you, cause you was camping outside base on control, and that is against rules. You have played plenty of times on that server in the past, so you 100% know of the no backshooting / chasing rule. Dont act so innocent, cause you know exactly what you did.

3 match ban and you cared to come here to complain?, lol man,

I really don't get all those people coming to the forum and complaing about a warning or even 500 match ban, which is like what ? a week, and insult,accuse and blame the admins/mods for something that's mostly their own doing.

P.S. Being an admin/mod must really be frustraing here , you should get paid for this , can't imagine how you manage to find time for playing the game
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

I figured this would happen, some random come in here defending the admin even though he wasn't there, he has no idea what happened. White knight much?

Nordog: You are either confused and mistake me for somebody else or you are truly an abuse admin. First of all, how can you tell if somebody is a camper after letting him stay on the server for less than 2 minutes? I am no camper, I was running around hunting flag carriers and attacking, I spent leterally 5 secounds on the ramp (middle section of the control map) killing 2-3 guys while I was looking for the flag carrier. Might have killed you twice in a row and got you upset. The very reason I stopped playing CS is that I can't stand camping/campers, and here we are I'm being accused of being one. Yea are right, I've spent maybe hundreds of hours on this server, I know the rules, and if what I did (spent LITERALLY 5 secound on that ramp, killing people below) is bannable, than you can go ahead and ban everybody, because everybody does this. Yes, even you. I did it in the past too, lots of times, in the presence of admins, never got banned for it, not even a bad word. Until you came along.

Did this community really became such a pussy during the last 1 year? Certanily wasn't like this when I last played in 2004. Again, I don't care about the 3 match ban, after todays event I don't even feel like starting up UT again. I'm just sad admins can get away with shit like this.

edit: that was supposed to be 2014 not 2004
    Last edited by sdf; 11-10-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdf View Post
    Did this community really became such a pussy during the last 1 year? Certanily wasn't like this when I last played in 2004. Again, I don't care about the 3 match ban, after todays event I don't even feel like starting up UT again. I'm just sad admins can get away with shit like this.
    It's only your fault you haven't been around to know that the rules changed.

As for my post, only the first line refered to you..., the rest was to all the people who come here every day with complains how unfair they were treated, but You'd have known that, had you been around...
    Last edited by soma; 11-10-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    It's only your fault you haven't been around to know that the rules changed.
    If that really is the case, and what I did is now a bannable offence than this game is truly dead.

Quote Originally Posted by sdf View Post
    If that really is the case, and what I did is now a bannable offence than this game is truly dead.
    It's funny how you pick only part of my quote that relates and works only the one purpose - which is stick to your story at all costs becasue everyone else is obiously wrong.

I don't even know why I'm still replying to the post posted by someone who read only the first line of my hah

peace and go play instead of wasing time on ridiculous discussion
    Last edited by soma; 11-10-2015 at 04:40 PM.

It's funny how you pick only part of my quote that relates and works only the one purpose - which is stick to your story at all costs becasue everyone else is obiously wrong.

I don't even know why I'm still replying to the post posted by someone who read only the first line of my hah

peace and go play instead of wasing time on ridiculous discussion
    going to quote your full post this time, just to make you happy
    I did read the 2nd line too, but as you said, you wasn't even referring to me and what does that have to do with anything?
    "everyone else is obiously wrong" - who is everyone else? Only you are replying, the rest don't care, and admins are... well, I don't know where they are. Doesn't even matter, nothing is going to happen anyway.

@sdf My guess is that the 3 match ban was a quick preventative measure. While what you were doing (camping mid on Control apparently) might seem harmless, stuff like that will typically lead to other players following suit and the entire server will spiral out of control. This kills the c̶r̶a̶b̶ server. So it's best to quickly nip it in the bud. It is annoying to be suddenly booted (and especially banned) from the server though, I concur.

Being an admin/mod must really be frustraing here , you should get paid for this , can't imagine how you manage to find time for playing the game

No matter what decisions mods make, there is normally backlash from it with the same old insult attacks.

Thread Information