User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm actually working on a version that detects number of conts and determines from there whether leech or not. WIP for the time being though

There is some problem with the balancer, not AutoTeamBalance (the one with the numbers and stats which only acts at the start of the game) but the other one.

It used to be fine, just perfect, but recently we sometimes get the situation that someone goes !r to actually even out the teams, but the mod flashes "teams are unbalanced". I don't know what might be the cause of this change, but it's been happening at least a month now I guess, perhaps longer. Anyway it doesn't last forever. If someone rejoins it immediately sorts itself out. Bit weird that it went funny though. What else has changed this year? The new Siege version, and NexGen updates ... ?

To respond to the original poster, yeah if you play with hammer all game you are gonna lose, and people are gonna leave your team, and the opponents are gonna get all the cookies, so wp you fucked the teams yourself!

End-game screenshots often have more players on the winning team cos the losers all just did a ragequit.

To respond to Moko, yeah when you rebalance mid-game it does it according to number of players using the most-recent joiner, not according to scores/strengths, so that's why it still says it's unbalanced in terms of points (cos it is!). For some reason SAM didn't like ATB doing the mid-game rebalance (some nonsense about losing warheads! but whatever it's pretty crap at it anyway). Unfortunately I didn't leave in any code to turn off the "teams are now +/- this much" message, but you can turn it into a screen flash instead. xD

Note that the "very unbalanced" thing was based around 6v6 CTF, so for 12v12 Siege you're actually doing pretty OK if it's below 200.

Finally the useful bit: I actually think the biggest cause of team unbalance is strong players leaving 20 seconds into the start of a new game (or just idling). That's a good reason to put a longer pause before the game starts, so players can actually decide if they are gonna go take a dump, make a sandwich, or play the map.

It is quite understandable after a long hard battle that players just wanna sit back for a minute and work out what they will do next. But no, the next game is shoved right in their faces, and some of them quit immediately after the teams are set! So much for making use of those lovely stats scarface!

(IF after the game starts nobody leaves and nobody joins for 1 hour, I think can get some really close games. Too bad that ain't gonna happen!)
    Last edited by noggieB; 07-13-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Thread Information