things that make you laugh and/or angry that other players do - Page 8

User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Players moan about unbalanced teams ingame, huge differences in teamstrengths and scores and dont spam !teams to even it up when they are losing, but subsequently making the winning team responsible for their loss. Amazing....
    Last edited by CCC; 05-22-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Players moan about unbalanced teams ingame, huge differences in teamstrengths and scores and dont spam !teams to even it up when they are losing, but consequently making the winning team responsible for their loss. Amazing....
    On that note, players that try to take team balancing into their own hands by switching to the losing team. They usually just end up messing up the teams in the other direction. Give the balancer a chance first!
    Especially those players that join in the middle of the game and don't know whether the teams have already been changed before they switch, they just end up restoring the imbalance.

I laugh at those who try to mess up team balancing by switching to the winning team which usually results in a sent back heh
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    Give the balancer a chance first!

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    I laugh at those who try to mess up team balancing by switching to the winning team which usually results in a sent back heh
    I always get a good laugh when rasta-man or Dutch players do that.

I'm not sure what's going on when it unbalances like it does in your screenshot (I have seen it do it myself), but I think it does what it's supposed to do more often than not. It's just very noticeable when it screws up. That's why I'm saying that it should be tried first.

Most of the time the balancer does something it just makes ~10-20 diff, like 180diff to 164diff, which make literally no difference whatsoever. It's like a 1 in 100 chance of it doing something useful.

Even if that's the case, the cookie system is very inaccurate, but as long as the balance is going in the right direction, then at least that's something.
    My point is that from what I've seen, most of the time when a player changes team manually, it either does nothing, or completely messes up the balance in the other direction (which it does most of the time), which isn't fair to the players that were on the winning team.
    I'm still puzzled over why the balancer tries to fix teams by creating a bigger cookie difference at times, though. There's been a bunch of releases of it, and you'd think that removing bugs like that would be a priority.

Players who are ages in spec, watching a game which is unbalanced in points but the losing team has 1 more player 3v2, a player joins and is added to the winning team; same player switches voluntary after 1 player left the losing team and all of a sudden a spec joins the winning team.

If someone doesnt know what is meant by this, ask soma.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Players who are ages in spec, watching a game which is unbalanced in points but the losing team has 1 more player 3v2, a player joins and is added to the winning team; same player switches voluntary after 1 player left the losing team and all of a sudden a spec joins the winning team.

If someone doesnt know what is meant by this, ask soma.
    your wrong here pal, I never care if i'm in the winning team or not, never switch teams for the same reason, I just can't play more than 2-3 games in a row anymore...

P.S. I'm specing your masterful technique
    Last edited by soma; 05-29-2016 at 03:15 AM.
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    your wrong here pal, I never care if i'm in the winning team or not, never switch teams for the same reason, I just can't play more than 2-3 games in a row anymore...

P.S. I'm specing your masterful technique
    I would say that too, hence you joined winning team 10 sec after teamswitch.

ps: don't play the innocent here, people know the way you play. Start speccing some real skilled and fair players, you might even learn something from it.

Thread Information