Request to Unban

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Request to Unban

Please unban me, Trikki_Woo{69}.

Server: US Instagib server
    Demo: none
    Screenshot of ban: message when I try to join 'BANNED TRIKKI_WOO_69_FOR camping in a box'
    Witness:
    Name of who banned you: none given

Ban occurred late last night/early morning (around 1am Central Time USA).
    No warning was given (that I know of) and no name of person who banned me.
    Also, no reason showed at the time, but now I see the message above when I try to join.

My defense:
    I was not camping according to this definition in the uk guidelines...
    "No camping • This means on the back of enemies bases or in the middle of the map in a corner, spawncamping/spawnkilling, liftcamping/abusing the movers of such in any map."

I was defending as per these uk guidelines...
    "Defending • Yes it is allowed you can defend just as long as you're not in the middle of a map or in your base shooting players in middle this means you protect your flag you kill people who are in the base trying to grab. (Rule will be subject to change at some point or another maps like w00t etc conflict with this rule)"

I was in our base's Crate in 2v2 Crates defending our flag when the kick/ban occurred.
    I was to trying to stop the bleeding, and also just trying to hit something as I was being very ineffective. This was very early in the match. I had several grabs before this point.

I generally play by the spirit of the guidelines/rules and have never been banned before. I hope to be unbanned soon for this holiday weekend. Please unban me or let me know the length of ban.

Thanks.

damn lotr i think this guy saw your thread.

Hello Trikki_Woo{69}, thank you for your time reporting here.

I will check out your ban, give me a few mins please.
    ---Edit--

Ok, it was Nordog whom banned you. @Nordog you have a demo?
    Last edited by Chamberly; 11-28-2015 at 07:21 PM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

I got a demo of him standing still inside a crate. I told him map before that he should not only stand still and not contribute to CTF. Hiding inside a box, and not even going after the enemy flagcarrier is in my view not CTF.

Zippyshare.com - CTF-2on2-Crates_11-28_8-00-44.dem

the ban is over, but for the future its fine to defend. But if you choose to defend, please go after enemy flagcarrier aswell. From my point of view, it looked like you was inside that box for 20-30 sec while they capped. Maybe i was wrong, but i did warn you about that prevorious map aswell. Always go after the enemy FC. Defend the flag, not the base .

Thanks for the unban, Nordog.
    Just so you know, I was trying my best contribute to the team and to the game of CTF, as I usually do, right or wrong.
    I appreciate the effort (and stress) it takes to be a moderator, and sincerely appreciate you all taking the time to respond to my request, even Kenneth

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordog View Post
    the ban is over, but for the future its fine to defend. But if you choose to defend, please go after enemy flagcarrier aswell. From my point of view, it looked like you was inside that box for 20-30 sec while they capped. Maybe i was wrong, but i did warn you about that prevorious map aswell. Always go after the enemy FC. Defend the flag, not the base .
    I get what you are saying, but you are contradicting yourself Nordog. You can't defend and chase EFC, the reason for that is say they catch the EFC and flag is returned, it goes to an undefended base, another enemy player grabs because no one was there to defend the flag upon return. That is an eternal loop which can be avoided by staying put in the base and allowing the rest of the team to return it so the defender can kill any strays who may be ready to grab the flag.
    Of course the flag is priority, but a good example is in Football (Not the map, real life "soccer"). a goal keeper and defenders are there to stop the ball and anyone close enough within their reach, the keeper does not chase after the ball when it is forward and neither do the defenders, they push forward to the edge of their half to defend their area and keep the other team out.

So with all due respect without attempting to insult in any manner, I think you are wrong in this case. You defend the base, not the flag.

Keep them out of the base = keeping them from touching the flag, It seems logical defending to me.

For me its unlogic to not chase after the flag. If you are gonna use soccer as an example, aslong as you have the ball, you can create chances. If you let the enemy run with the ball all the time, without fighting to get it back, you will evidently loose. Trust me, i know. Thats all the norwegian national team has done for the last decade. I still fail to understand how hiding inside a crate on 2on2 crate is of any value to the team, no matter wich logic you use. Also you have to follow the flagcarrier for a bit, untill you know its a cap. But thats just me. Offence is the best defence is my mindset on such stuff. Hiding inside a box , is in my mind camping. Im not saying that he did that, but it sure looked like it from my point of view. I have talked to him, and it is all settled. But in generall hiding inside a box , not going after EFC is not defending, but camping. ( if that is not camping then what is? )

On a sidenote, something that im pretty sure everybody who plays regular on the public is very aware of :

Players that defends all the game, and are inside base when my flag is gone, then when i get back to my base with flag, and are ready to cap, they simply are not there. Whats up with that? My idea is that alot of people are avoiding the places where the game is going on, simply to avoid being killed? Im not pointing to any person , its more a general feeling i have. And reply in soccer terms fluke, since thats a more fun way to do it ( Pretty sure you would call it offside !!! hahaha )
    Last edited by |uK|Nordog; 11-28-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    I get what you are saying, but you are contradicting yourself Nordog. You can't defend and chase EFC, the reason for that is say they catch the EFC and flag is returned, it goes to an undefended base, another enemy player grabs because no one was there to defend the flag upon return. That is an eternal loop which can be avoided by staying put in the base and allowing the rest of the team to return it so the defender can kill any strays who may be ready to grab the flag.
    Of course the flag is priority, but a good example is in Football (Not the map, real life "soccer"). a goal keeper and defenders are there to stop the ball and anyone close enough within their reach, the keeper does not chase after the ball when it is forward and neither do the defenders, they push forward to the edge of their half to defend their area and keep the other team out.

So with all due respect without attempting to insult in any manner, I think you are wrong in this case. You defend the base, not the flag.

Keep them out of the base = keeping them from touching the flag, It seems logical defending to me.
    There is a very simple tatic players can do, suicide, any player that knows what they are doing knows that, almost all players know if you can run back to your base and intercept the efc as well, just because you are not in your base doesn't mean you can't defend.

@Trikki_Woo{69} best (i.e., most random unpredictable bullshit) movement in UT99. Impossible to hit.

Thread Information