Request to Unban - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Why you are all getting irked about what I am saying is beyond me. I wasn't arguing if this player was attempting to protect or chase EFC or just sit there head hunting. It is a discussion about every player, not just adept players of iCTF, I have played it for 15 years so I think I am a little qualified to understand how iCTF works.

My point is yes, 99% of players know how to defend the base, but there is always that 1% who may take a different route that may not be the norm. Now if this player was staying in the box with no real line of sight to the flag then I agree that is idle with no real team input. But if that player has a clear line of sight and can blow anyone away if they touch it then they can camp their little hearts out in that box for the entire match, they are protecting the flag no matter how you look at it.
    I seem to get the impression its a frustration of not being able to kill that player easily. You cannot call a person staying in the base a camper, its impossible to camp in your own base. This player also stated there were grabs and flag kills so it isn't like they stayed there the whole map if that is indeed a fact.

I already said I wasn't there for this game and that I cannot view the demo, so I am discussing hypothetical defending issues and views in the literal sense, No need to get your panties in a bunch like I have just walked in and taken a piss on your computer. iG players nowadays are so touchy...jeez. its a game....loosen up a bit and stretch your realm of thinking further than yourself.

Seabass has nailed a bigger point with camping, they can claim they are covering their FC, but no matter how you look at it, that is undeniable camping.

its basicly the same thing

Not chasing the flag, with escuse of keeping the base clean so they dont grab when they cap, is exactly the same as staying behind in enemy base ready to cherrypick a flag if your team caps / fails to cap.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    well personally from where I've always been a defender myself in almost every mod I've played nine times out of ten I have always cleared an enemy efc's cover *if the covering players are a lot better aimwise than the efc* simply because I didnt want them reaching their base with that cover where teammates will most likely die, this leaves someone from the team to kill the efc and return. In most cases on public you'll find an efc has little to 0 cover unless there are some decent players on there playing which isnt rare but most just seem to go full retard. I think what uenz is trying to get at is that anyone who defends a base well will almost always ensure when an efc grabs he has 0 cover and can only escape if he gets a kill on you or manages to luck his way out of base to which point you will already know the route hes taking and retrieve before it even gets past the midpoint of the map.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;103018]No need to get your panties in a bunch like I have just walked in and taken a piss on your computer. iG players nowadays are so touchy...jeez. its a game....loosen up a bit and stretch your realm of thinking further than yourself.
    I hope you're not including me in this description lol. I simply pointed out a scenario where I'd consider the ban to be valid as well as how completely retarded Trikki's strategy was.

Quote Originally Posted by uenz View Post
    anyone not chasing after a flag carrier is not defending...

Not really true.. there are maps where you don't need to chase the EFC, Crates is one of them, since you can kill from base to base, all shit Woot's are other maps where you can do it. I rarely leave base on Woot... find it hard to grab with all the air killing since we are flying ducks there and since we can kill from base to base I use it as a means of defending? Is it lame? Well yes it is but since Camping is allowed... its also lame to Defend/Camp behind the rocks in caves Red and theres always someone there the entire game...

I'm a firm believer Defending/Camping shouldn't be allowed on a PUB, only when protecting the FC, either way its the same in playing beach football (soccer for Americans) with your friends and have 1-2 always defending.. doesn't happen right? Why? Because it would make the game freaking boring and lame... and thats what PUBS are, if you want real competition go play Clan Wars or Pickups and do whatever you want, even if its Defending with 4 pointing at the Flag.

Hiding inside a Crater is a lame tactic, usually only Noobs or Lamers use it and I mean real Noobs, not the depreciative Noob word used so often in UT, since theres nothing wrong being a Noob.

Other's Camp until their team is winning by 2-3 flags difference and then they start to attack so they can increase the gap and make it look like a total ownage fest... a certain Belgium does it all the time, so does Neves...

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    I hope you're not including me in this description lol. I simply pointed out a scenario where I'd consider the ban to be valid as well as how completely retarded Trikki's strategy was.
    No one specific, the die hard iG players as a whole can be very touchy. I am a long time mod for all servers and even I worry about getting kicked off the server for doing something wrong! lol, I play iG how it used to be, if you see someone in any direction then you end them.

The other point which is a good thing backshooting isn't allowed is grabbing logic, kill a player behind you puts them right back into the base, making it much harder to take the flag. That seems to escape most people as it is all about frags with any player in front of them.

ps @TimTim Your sig bugs me, when they do the "hands in" part, they release the wrong direction, you are meant to release going upwards. lol

Players hitting 40-60acc wasn't possible years ago, that's why it has changed, some old maps can be unplayable and drag on for ages into overtime, when it rarely used to, newnet and modern equipment made ut 10x easier than it was.

Well, since yous all keep posting on MY thread, and mentioning MY name, I guess I should express my thoughts on the matter.

First of all, though I am sure I haven't been playing iCTF as long as most of you (wink), I have been playing long enough to know how I like to play the game, and I don't really care to debate it with anyone since it won't change my point of view or style of play, just as it won't change yours, so what's the point.

So, I will just express some of my personal thoughts and feelings since the Ban has been lifted. Frankly, I'm not having as much fun playing now. I am too self-conscious about whether or not I will get banned by some unidentified admin for some unknown reason for some unspecified amount of time, just because he or she doesn't approve of they way I'm playing at any given moment, instead of just having fun and playing. I used to not know nor care who the admins were or what alias they were using. Getting banned was not even a thought that crossed my mind. But, now I find myself wondering if I stop in a corner to scratch my ass, or read a post, or take a sip of drink, or if i don't shoot at Hellcat, or accidentally boost someone (who may even be an admin) into the void or goo or lava, will I get banned for it. I try to tell myself not to think about it, it's just a game, but it doesn't seem to help the way it feels for the moment. It IS a game, it's SUPPOSED to be carefree and fun. If it's not, then why play. I already play by the spirit of the rules on these servers, my overall stats and my stats in this particular match support that, imo. I would hope that there are a handful of players out there who would agree with that.

If you haven't watched the demo posted in this forum, I think it supports my point of view that the ban was unjustified.

Just before the ban, we were down 5-0, I had the highest score on my team (red), the same team as Nordog, even though I did not have the most frags. This server's point system rewards my style of play (whoever came up with it is a genius!), since I am generally a poor to mediocre fragger (everyone knows that). I would not have had the high score if I had been sitting in the box the whole match. Though I don't know how many frags anyone else had at the moment of my ban, my stats were frozen at the moment I got banned...

Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats

Time=03:56; Score=226; Frags=18; Deaths=29; flag taken=3; Flag kill=6

Thanks to the demo posted in this forum, I don't think I should have to say anything to defend myself, it is right there. I would hope that anyone who is a uK admin or moderator that looked at this demo would agree that the ban was unjustified by uK rules and standards. And indeed, I no longer NEED to say anything to defend myself, as the ban HAS been lifted, thanks to Nordog. I don't expect anyone to be perfect or always agree with me (even though I'm always right). How conflict is handled is what matters, and I respect Nordog for lifting the ban and listening to my point of view, and I think his intentions are good overall. Furthermore, I don't think the ban would happen again should the same circumstances arise. But, the seed has been planted in my mind, and it is affecting my enjoyment of THE game. Perhaps a short break and time will bring my mojo back.

I do hope uK server admins/moderators review how bans are handled in the future. I think more thought and care should go into implementing a ban, perhaps even require a consensus from several admins before a ban is implemented. (other than for obvious/blatant hacks/cheats)

Oh, and come on Timbur! "retarded"?! really!? I'm "mentally challenged", thank you! Get with the program!
    Last edited by Trikki_Woo{69}; 12-01-2015 at 12:41 AM. Reason: word correction

#
    Last edited by Trikki_Woo{69}; 12-01-2015 at 01:07 AM.

You make some good points @Trikki_Woo{69}. I can imagine the rules seem complicated on the surface and so people might be paranoid about how to play to avoid getting banned, but it is actually really, really simple. Just play capture the flag at all times. I mean... that results in the most fun for everyone anyway. And LOL at your last comment.

Thread Information