Request to Unban - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    @Trikki_Woo{69} best (i.e., most random unpredictable bullshit) movement in UT99. Impossible to hit.
    I wouldn't give him that much credit
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Sorry, but you are still both wrong.

The Keeper and defenders do not keep hold of the ball do they, they pass it to the forwards or wingers and then get back to defensive positions, they never leave their own half which can be compared to a base. If the defenders chased the ball it would leave the goal wide open. same principle, its a team game and so is CTF. The box provided perfect protection and this player was like the goalkeeper by staying in a tight zone.

A defender can camp their little hearts out if inside their own base (providing they have no clear view of mid or enemy flag), not only do I think this, it is written in the server rules.
    If successful, this defender will be massively helpful in stopping the flag from being taken.

Why should a player have to suicide? That's like saying players have to defend and play your way or they will be kicked/banned. You know just as well as I do that a player can suicide and not spawn anywhere near the flag, a few seconds is all it takes for a EFC to be well away from the flag. If spawn areas are near the flag then the EFC covers will kill any spawning players to allow the EFC to get away.

The answer I would like to know is how you knew this player was inside the box? did you attempt to grab and they killed you a few times? I have attempted to watch your demo but UT crashes every time I try to play it.

This is nothing personal towards anyone involved, I am known for my neutrality in any situation like this. I never take sides regardless of who is involved, I am not defending or accusing anyone, it is to make sure any and every possible fact is accounted for so a player and moderator alike have a solid case in the event it is contested.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 11-29-2015 at 07:38 AM.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    dunno if its been said before but if youre defending for your team you go after the efc and once retreived suicide so you get nearer to base instead of running back, thats the whole point of being a defender...

That is a good tactic if you are adept Blaze, but the tactic of staying put is not against the rules from what I have read. I do agree they could have been moving and not sitting in a box (even though it gives you protection), but they were in their own base and have the right to defend how they wish.

I also put in previous message that suicide can go wrong depending on spawn point locations and if there is an enemy poised to take the flag, thus killing you as soon as you spawn. That is something I have noticed since getting back into iG.

It is clear there are many views towards gaming etiquette, but that doesn't mean a player should be punished if it isn't a violation of the servers rules.

The Ban is over with now and the discussion is about the reason behind the ban for future reference in case this happens again, just so we are all on the same page.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 11-29-2015 at 07:52 AM.

anyone not chasing after a flag carrier is not defending...

Sigh...... it is.

Defending is protecting something, all I see here are adept players opinions on how defending should be done, twisting the definition of defending to suit your own opinions.

If the rest of the team are attacking and one is defending, it is far more logical to stay put and let your team cut them off and return the flag where the defender is waiting to protect it. a defender in any game does not chase, it stops and or prevents by removing a threat.

example: you are with a female and two men try to rob you both, one grabs the woman's purse and runs....do you run after the guy or do you stay and DEFEND the woman?

That is the same logic I am implying here.

I'm sure you k ow more than people playing ictf for 1000s of hours in pubs,pugs and leagues, so people are going to pay a great amount attention to what you are saying.

It was a short ban, one that I consider valid given that it falls under the "not playing capture the flag" umbrella, assuming Trikki was consistently staying in the box being useless and never attempting to return the flag. Now, if it was some clueless noob then yeah, I wouldn't agree with the ban, but Trikki definitely knows the difference between CTF and essentially sabotaging his (her?) team. Stick to offense @Trikki_Woo{69}, you're much better at it.

I would argue that the players waiting in the base for the next pickup (e.g. not covering their FC) are in the wrong here.
    On some maps, this gets way out of hand (Abreeze-SE2 is a great example of this,) and I understand why some players would choose to defend their base in such cases.

That is a good point @seabass. It comes down to the situation and where everyone is. If there was no one around for Trikki to kill and he was just chilling in the box doing nothing, then yeah, short ban deserved to knock some sense into him/her. That's gotta be the dumbest strategy in any case though lmao, even if defending. You'd have very limited sight and only 1 or 2 shots at someone, and if you miss, they'll make it out really easy because you'd then be in a vulnerable predictable position as you leave the box trying to get a better angle (which would require at least a dodge and a half).

Thread Information