User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bas Ban

Fraps will not let me record more then 10 secs, but basicly thats how he played all teh way untill he got banned. On 1 clip he was standing high in enemybase spawnkilling, not even trying to walk down to the flag. Also its against the rules to stand in base spawnkilling like he did , in most of those clips, and most of the game. You as a moderator should know that.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/f60/%5B...ib-rules-6717/

No camping • This means on the back of enemies bases or in the middle of the map in a corner, spawncamping/spawnkilling, liftcamping/abusing the movers of such in any map.
    Last edited by |uK|Nordog; 12-08-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Of course I know that, don't be so condescending. I couldn't figure out who's view the video was and I couldn't see in those videos anything excessive to warrant a ban.

You were there so you have the advantage of knowing and seeing more. You should also know by now that I do not take sides and I will not immediately back up a mod if there isn't solid proof.

But like I said, you have the benefit of being there. Can any of the players in game at that time confirm it? or are they not particularly forum users?

It isn't a secret that some mods on iG can be very touchy about camping, spawn killing and back shooting. Do you have SS of the scoreboard?

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;103577]It isn't a secret that some mods on iG can be very touchy about camping, spawn killing and back shooting
    Has nothing to do with being touchy, but when its done excessive , and i have warned the player alot for it in the past, and its against the rules. I sometimes have to enforce it . Its specified in the rules of instagib to COVER BY FOLLOWING THE FC, and its also specified into the rules that standing behind in the enemy base to spawnkill is not allowed. Adding the fact that this guy spawnkilled while waiting for teammates to pick up flag, i would say its a pretty solid breach of the rules. We ig mods are about as touchy about this , as you siege players are when it comes to sup-spam

On a sidenote, why does CURE creep me out so badly in fallout4????
    Last edited by |uK|Nordog; 12-08-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordog View Post
    We ig mods are about as touchy about this , as you siege players are when it comes to sup-spam

On a sidenote, why does CURE creep me out so badly in fallout4????
    We always warn first, even if they have been told before ig mods tend to ban first add reason after. It is no secret that players are uncomfortable sometimes when they don't know if they will be kicked or banned for breaking the very sensitive complex rule system, for me it tends to encircle how mods and long time iG players play the game and that is the guidlines for everyone to follow "play like you or get banned", this is how it comes across to me. with situations like this it does make me wonder if you were one of those being spawn killed and it was a reaction. That is why I asked if you have a SS of the scoreboard to show if this player had contributed to the game rather than just spawnkilled and camped.

The demo's you supplied are less than a minute or two in a game that may have lasted much longer where this player had contributed.

This is how I see what has happened here, I like you guys but you do kinda go all dictator on the fact people should play like yourselves, anything less gets punished as someone not following the rules.

Don't be taking all this the wrong way, I am neutral and will say things how I mean them with no frills. I take no sides regardless of those involved.

I was not one of the guys getting spawnkilled. My team had 2 players who barely knows how to play the game. Wich bas decided to take advantage of, and just lame. He has been warned alot befoer, and also banned cause of some other stuff he has done. If i am to warn every guy who lames regulary to tell them to stop, thats like giving them a freecard to lame, untill i warn them. I warn guys a few times, but if they always come in and do the same stuff, expecting a warning, they will eventually get the ban. Afterall we are all adults here, and if the police gives you a warning, they do remember the warning they gave you the next time your stopped speeding. Same goes here.

Also the rules, wich has been set by admins and moderators all together for a period of 2 months orso, we all agreed on current rules. Eitehr the rules are there to be played by, or they dont exist at all. If im a dictator for enforsing rules, then what is exactly the point of the rules?
    Last edited by |uK|Nordog; 12-08-2015 at 08:02 PM.

You are confusing rules with laws. I don't think a player who has broken a rule will plough into the wall at high speed and kill themselves or someone else. Terrible comparison.

Rules are indeed set, but the action taken is at the moderators discretion. Rules can be bent a little, especially if a player is submerged in the game and may slip up a few times without actually thinking about it. Being a hardass rule dictator is how it comes across with zero leniency and the attitude "I warned you once the other day/week so a warning is not needed as they should know better". Some may need to be reminded more than most, but not smacked down with gestapo rule enforcing. This isn't a personal attack of any kind, but there seems to be a pattern with iG bans and players contesting those bans, it is then made worse with poor evidence.

I know I have been on the same map as this one and been in the same predicament several times, I am in enemy base but every time I go to grab another player takes it with half the team following him for support, are you saying I should have ran with the sheep and served no real purpose? or is it the right call to stop anyone getting near mid on this map as they would have a clear shot at our Flag carrier?, with of course the intent to grab the flag after the cap but could steal be beaten to it by a team mate, do I follow the sheep that time? Do you see what I am getting at?.... split second decisions don't always go as planned but that does not mean intentional rule breaking is happening.

I also would like to point out you can spawnkill from this map from your own base when stood at the ledge, this can also serve to stop enemy players if your team has grabbed the flag from getting off that edge and firing at your FC or using the kicker/jump pad to pursue the FC. This is why I believe it was not a justified reaction for a map of this type. The rules themselves don't need to be more relaxed, they are good guidelines to good play. Some mods however do need to be more flexible and consider every factor involved like the map type and if it was deliberate, you cannot state you know for a fact they were breaking the rule on purpose in a map like that.

Loosen up a little more, this is just a game after all. If you are forced to ban then make sure you have solid undeniable proof in case it gets appealed, not some ropey demo or other inconclusive evidence. Mod or not, your word alone simply is not enough, this has been discussed in length not so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by '
    If you are forced to ban then make sure you have solid undeniable proof in case it gets appealed, not some ropey demo or other inconclusive evidence. Mod or not, your word alone simply is not enough, this has been discussed in length not so long ago.
    I fully support this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I fully support this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    Low count bans do not really need a demo, I cannot see a low grade ban being contested.
    But most of all, showing faith in that moderators judgement is paramount to make them feel at ease.
    because as I said.............. small length bans do not require it as that decision is made by the moderator at their discretion, moderators are chosen for their ability to judge situations in a neutral manner, telling you that we will only take your word for it if you have demo proof is like saying we don't have faith in you and your decisions which would be insulting and a slap in the face. It is only the longer term bans which are typically required to have a demo.
    And I fully support this and since it was just one day ban I don't know why would you FLuKe ever want to drag this conversation on forum instead of on PM

Don't get me wrong I'm not jumping at you with all due respect mate
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

I understand, your quotation is out of context here though as there could be a very strong reason for why a player could appear camping or spawn killing. If a ban is very strongly contested with plausible excuses then a screenshot would greatly help quash the appeal. When bans are contested without supporting proof it will make the moderator in question disliked with a high level of hostility.

I really do not want to open a new thread to discuss it as that would be dragging it out.

The ban length is irrelevant in this case as the map involved can easily provide a false rule breaking kind of play. I am merely pointing out important factors that have not been considered. I enjoy a good debate and hearing how others tick with their responses. If we understand each other better then the harmony between us all is more in sync.

Because my words are raw does not mean it is insulting or accusing.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 12-09-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Thread Information