Bas Ban

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bas Ban

Bas Ban

Hi there,

I was this afternoon banned for spawnlaming. If you kill someone that spawns everytime somewere else in my view that is laming? I was defending the carrier.

Spawning is imo standing on one point and waiting for to shoot someone on the same spot over and over again NOT shooting spawns on different places.
    What if it is a fault in your eyes, why a ban instantly without warning.

Please explain to me why this is wrong.

Thanks.

The whole spawnkilling rule makes no sense in my opinion, sometimes it’s just a reflex when someone spawns in your view and you shoot him. Instead of getting points for killing your enemy you get less points because it’s a spawnkill. On topic: I agree with you Bas, standing on one point waiting for someone to spawn is not right and deserves a warning/ban. Hitting three spawns while covering your FC is something else.

Thanks for backing me up there, you know how i play Amazing (lol) so you know this is for sure not intentionally to get killingpoints nor to be #1 but to play the game. There is alot of grey area in this game (backshooting/spawning/defending that can be explained as camping etc.)

the thing is too cover your FC is follow it too your base not standing still spawncamping

You have a point, but there were more spawnplaces in my POV from UT (i think 5 places). Another thing is that i didn't know it was required to walk with the carrier along, is this a rule?

Another case: if you are waiting behind a moving door t(to protect the FC) and shoot someone when he comes through, is that also a sort of spawnkilling? You don't know when he will come through that door or how.

I think they are to harsh with the ban, please reconsider this.

Quote Originally Posted by bapovs View Post
    Another thing is that i didn't know it was required to walk with the carrier along, is this a rule?
    It's not a rule, it's the whole logic behind playing ctf man because when you walk with a carrier along - not only you can cover your flagcarrier but help when assist is needed and as a result get points for both covers and assist or capture if you succeed.

Instead, you prefer dming from the distance...

edit: or from around the corner
    Last edited by soma; 12-08-2015 at 10:58 AM.
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Hi Soma,

So we disagree on how to play CTF however your comment makes sense and i can adjust to that playingstyle if you let me.

If you guys still think i deserve a ban is this permanent? If so, i thank you guys for letting me play on your servers for all these years.

~Sebastian
    Last edited by bapovs; 12-08-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bapovs View Post
    if you let me
    It sounded like you think your ban is in my hands lol, I'm just a voice of reason not a mod or admin...
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

I banned you, and its for 1 day

Firstly, you turtled around the map, backshooting, a bit chasing here and there, and as soon as your teammate took the flag, you ran into enemy base to stand behind spawns. When the screen constantly blinks of BAS IS A SPAWNKILLING LAMER , Bas has 0 grabs and bas goes around laming, i suppose you need a ban. I have told this to you so many times , so just think over what you are doing, and come back tomorrow with a lesson learnt.

http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/iqpivFyN/file.html
    Last edited by |uK|Nordog; 12-08-2015 at 01:48 PM.

what exactly is in these video clips? I don't see anything excessive going on, spawnkilling lamer once as well as covered flag carrier.

Thread Information