User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mouse problem

mouse problem

Hello,

I have a logitec g400 mouse.

I used Unrealshots his player ini downloaded on the net for some years. This week decided to try some ini's posted on this site, because his player ini certainly isnt working well on my pc, having worse efficiency than a seagull aims his droppings on humans 60 feet below.

I only know iv'e been told my screen is 60 HZ , and that is actually all that i know of tweaking what could be useful, so i decided to try some ini's posted on this site hoping my effi got better.

It did! for 1 game, then i started lagging like hell since yesterday, and today my mouse almost doesn't move anymore

So i re-installed, but the mouse problem stayed.

So now i need 6 mousepads to get to only half of my screen with my cursor

I hope someone can help a bit, I can offer a small amount of money (if that is allowed?)

TumTumInDiversity

I can only get a few games without problems with mouse input, I have to aim with my movement more than mouse, which can make you pretty usless in some situations. I play for a few days get bored of the crap, then come back in a few weeks for a ut fix, then get bored of it again

Open mousemovemnt recorder from the Marc mouse fix and have a look what's going on.

Have had this mouse for three years now and never experienced such problems, did you reinstall mouse soft or the whole system and game? Or just get yourself new inis
    Last edited by soma; 12-18-2015 at 05:14 AM.
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Do a system restore back to when it was working fine, a restore will also revert any INI changes.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the answers.

Do a system restore back :

I have windows 10 now for some weeks and have no restorepoint other than transfer back to win 8.1, i just hope it doesn't need to come to that, but it might.

did you reinstall mouse soft or the whole system and game? Or just get yourself new inis:

I copied some new player ini's to my UT system map and unzipped one by one trying them untill weedman's worked good for 1 day. I did nothing else with my mouse or system.

Open mousemovement recorder from the Marc mouse fix and have a look what's going on.

I just downloaded it, tomorrow i have some time to read and try to find out how it can help.

Thanks again!

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    hi,

the mouse you have has issues with surfaces not meant for mouses (wood/metal) I know you said you have mousepads

anyway the issue you maybe have is that the laser/sensor needs a clean? I've always found this to be the issue from all the mouses I've owned that have sensors/lasers. Over time dust gets caught up and the laser can't track movements of the mouse because of the build up. I usually use a toothpick with tissue wrapped around it to prevent the tip from scratching the sensor

Thanks, didn't help but atleast it's very clean now

Quote Originally Posted by nrgetic View Post
    g400
    I got a g500 as a replacement for an mx518 which they didn't make anymore when I made a warranty claim (5 years, wow). The thing took a shit on me after about a month. It would get stuck in a corner and not move anywhere else. I retired it to linux and it works ok-ish now. I think they have memory inside that keeps the settings from the logitech driver interface. Maybe if you can zap the mem's in the mouse and start over. A zap sort of worked after a few tries but it always seemed to go back to a state of doodoo in Window$. idk.

or maybe you have all those issues because you don't use xp, lol
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Have you reduced your screen resolution (if it's not already low)?

On my old computer the mouse would hardly move on higher resolutions, but it didn't always happen, there was an odd time it didn't do it.

Thread Information