User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F**k Windows 10

F**k Windows 10

For the third time in 6 months, Windows 10 has decided to completely brick up my system, and it fails yet again to recover, system restore, start up repair. Now I've lost all the games that took days to download, all my mini projects(nothing important, just silly little things).

Note: This didn't happen with the earlier versions of widows 10, after the last big update (Sept-Octo) this keeps happening.

I've had enough, I'm just going to use Linux for a while.

Windows update?

that is why i install all my games and important files in D or E partition because when windows is f*ck*ed up i just insert my usb stick that is made bootable and in 1 hour i have new windows.All data saved from games will be also in D or E so i can start the game from where i left it.

Install windows to its own drive completely mate and store everything you need on a separate drive. Easiest way to counter any type of failure.

Linux is great but it becomes a bit bloated after you start installing the desktops etc.

I only have my everyday stuff on the SSD, like my I.D.Es, phototshop, ect, I just raged because it was unrecoverable, like the whole partition was corrupt, my other computers couldn't access the hard drive either. Luckily I backed up the work I did on Hitdog Invaders yesterday before it fucked up.

Only thing I lost was Forza Motorsport 6 apex, which took about 10 hours to download

Take out ur hard drive and use it as external to transfer data elsewhere if possible.

I tried that didnt work.

Live Boot Ubuntu. Navigate to your drives. Get all your stuff. I always do that

I tried both Linux and Windows before I formatted the drive, Linux couldn't access it, widows device manager would detect the SSD, but the volume in which widows was installed was inaccessible, it would not let me do anything to it.

I had to format then use diskpart (clean, convert mbr) in the windows disc to be able to use the drive again, so I then could install windows 10 again.

Linux couldn't access it? Weird. Was it formatted as exFAT before? I never had problem accessing NTFS or FAT32 drives from Linux.

Thread Information