User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name Tags

Name Tags

Good Day one and all. I have a suggestion to make and maybe in the future someone can help us achieve it. Pug is a special an memorable event for me because I play with the best players around and they are also good friends, the public and pug siege servers are the best UT servers I have ever played on and I salute, the players, the mod's and the administrators for making these events possible. My suggestion is for the siege pug server, as said above its a memorable event, so I would like to ask if it is possible to put the players name in the back of his/her costume? For example my name is Kumar, I would like that in the back of the costume. It would look amazing and it will also add something different and more creative to the server. I look forward for you input/comments. Many Thanks.

Kind Regards
    Kumar_Jodha

SHIRO 0 BABY
    Never Lucky.

lol so you want your custom skin.

It would increase the amount of files needed to download from the server, and considering pug still doesnt have redirect, downloading each individuals personal skin would take some time. Interesting idea though, maybe even add additional details like sunglasses.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    there is a redirect just some files arent redirected... If i can get a list of the files that arent I can ensure that they are redirected, lastly as skarn said more downloads is kinda gay but I think we can use ValAvatar or something its called? its a mod that allows custom skins to be used, but then that brings in loopholes for other stuff

If the server does get valavatar just gonna tell you: Disable the Unreal1 skins as they come with the file because they have strange hitboxes and 1 model even has weird dodge+jump transition, if thats not possible, simply make a rule that prohibits wearing those Unreal1 models that come with the file.

Redirect and file downloading aside, this sounds nice
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

can i use moskva skin ?
    Never Lucky.

ValAvatar allows players to see custom skins but only if they have that skin themselves. The files for the skins would need to be downloaded.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;104927]The files for the skins would need to be downloaded.
    There's a way to solve that...
    XC_Core players have UBinary in it, the server could trigger slow, ingame downloads on clients while they're playing so these downloads aren't necessary before joining.
    These downloads could also create the appropiate .INT files as well (.EST .ITT, depending on lang).

Thread Information