Billion Dollar Man removing containers again!

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Billion Dollar Man removing containers again!

Playing Aleriav3 today and was shoring up left side....JK placed SC perfectly. I was in the process of putting up nuke shields when BDM removed the SC. It left the team wide open on the left to nuke attack which also would take out the right SM making that side vulnerable to rush attack as well. He never replaced it. Finally we got another one put in place. Something to be said about a player that removes a SC to get the RU (JK left game) even though it screws the team. Can the Admin King send BDM another message with a short ban so he can think about how he made me feel....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...19_9-11-53.dem

Can I get an AMEN!

1S1K

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
    Playing Aleriav3 today and was shoring up left side....JK placed SC perfectly. I was in the process of putting up nuke shields when BDM removed the SC. It left the team wide open on the left to nuke attack which also would take out the right SM making that side vulnerable to rush attack as well. He never replaced it. Finally we got another one put in place. Something to be said about a player that removes a SC to get the RU (JK left game) even though it screws the team. Can the Admin King send BDM another message with a short ban so he can think about how he made me feel....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...19_9-11-53.dem

Can I get an AMEN!

1S1K
    That demo is the entire game. I'd have to watch probably 2 hours to get to the point. I also can’t see the building (which is probably an issue of my demo manager ini). For me it would be better to get screenshots regarding team removing. That being said if the SC had no name it is debatable if this warrants a penalty. The issue I’m seeing here (again) is that your defense builds are borderline. In some cases they work out, in other cases you feed the enemy with so much RU that they take down all you have and you lose because all your investment is gone and nothing left for offense / nukes.

I personally have no issues (anymore) with your builds, but others obviously don’t agree. Maybe you can find a compromise somehow with less massive structures?

I’ll talk to Billion and go from there.

Removing SC is not debatable unless the majority of the team have agreed, you don't just remove something without communication regardless of if it has no owner. The only no owner builds are those that are clear spam and of no benefit at all to the team, no name doesn't give a free pass to remove at will.

BDM was on his final warning, he also spammed containers all over Aleria yesterday.

Time for a long vacation of a few months across all servers, see if that improves his rebellious attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    That demo is the entire game. I'd have to watch probably 2 hours to get to the point. I also can’t see the building (which is probably an issue of my demo manager ini). For me it would be better to get screenshots regarding team removing. That being said if the SC had no name it is debatable if this warrants a penalty. The issue I’m seeing here (again) is that your defense builds are borderline. In some cases they work out, in other cases you feed the enemy with so much RU that they take down all you have and you lose because all your investment is gone and nothing left for offense / nukes.

I personally have no issues (anymore) with your builds, but others obviously don’t agree. Maybe you can find a compromise somehow with less massive structures?

I’ll talk to Billion and go from there.
    Just fast forward through it or I guess I can get you the time stamp. In that particular map the defense I, and many others, use is the best.
    So if I build a lot of stuff and leave, anyone can remove what I built and screw the team? Don't think of it as just me, it could be anyone. Sounds pretty lame. Again I have to repeat that my defensive builds work to keep out enemy. Don't matter how much RU they get, they can't get to core to win game. And there is nowhere you can put a SC in that game that it can't be nuked so it may as well serve a purpose... common sense really.
    You may want to rethink that no name remove opinion or it could open up a big can o worms....

1S1K

Just fast forward through it or I guess I can get you the time stamp. In that particular map the defense I, and many others, use is the best.
    So if I build a lot of stuff and leave, anyone can remove what I built and screw the team? Don't think of it as just me, it could be anyone. Sounds pretty lame. Again I have to repeat that my defensive builds work to keep out enemy. Don't matter how much RU they get, they can't get to core to win game. And there is nowhere you can put a SC in that game that it can't be nuked so it may as well serve a purpose... common sense really.
    You may want to rethink that no name remove opinion or it could open up a big can o worms....

1S1K
    Rules are not my opinion, that’s what I remember reading somewhere here on the forums by another mod. I don’t care one way or the other. Maybe I'll find it later. I guess it’s time to rewrite the rules and include more details and possible exceptions.

When I was referring to your build I wasn't talking about just an SC and a couple other things. Last time I saw your build it was a SC, with 2 cons not covered on the side but right in the "tunnel", 2 more cons on the side, with 3 SS in-front of SC, plus 2 SPs behind and the SM on the side. If I remember correctly I made close to $4k with one nuke alone. If you place the first nuke correctly you still kill that SM to the side. Double nuking is obligatory in that map and there are plenty of gamer clearing the mines and walk right through your build with another one for the core. Come back with 4-5k. Repeat until core is done.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    Rules are not my opinion, that’s what I remember reading somewhere here on the forums by another mod. I don’t care one way or the other. Maybe I'll find it later. I guess it’s time to rewrite the rules and include more details and possible exceptions.

When I was referring to your build I wasn't talking about just an SC and a couple other things. Last time I saw your build it was a SC, with 2 cons not covered on the side but right in the "tunnel", 2 more cons on the side, with 3 SS in-front of SC, plus 2 SPs behind and the SM on the side. If I remember correctly I made close to $4k with one nuke alone. If you place the first nuke correctly you still kill that SM to the side. Double nuking is obligatory in that map and there are plenty of gamer clearing the mines and walk right through your build with another one for the core. Come back with 4-5k. Repeat until core is done.
    That sounds bout right. Except if the SC is placed correctly the two small containers are not needed. The whole idea of those smaller containers is to channel an attacker close to the wall and SM. The SS in front prevent a nuke from penetrating deep so as to protect the SM. It does work if it is done correctly. Of corse nothing will stop 5 or 6 nukes in a row. But that does not happen all to often if mnes are placed forward. We ended up winning that game and I was the top warhead defender. The alternative is to get nuked and lose.
    Having said that if there are no good offensive players the game will drag on until some show up.

1S1K

He removed 2 conts and sc that was nothing wrong with, we asked why he removed but no respond. The containers had no name so maybe that's why.

We ended up winning that game and I was the top warhead defender. The alternative is to get nuked and lose.
    I make the most difficult to leech base, each SC healed by 8 underground containers on each side.
    We took your antifun room and leeched the shit out of it, we had antifun room on your side.

But...
    Me = defending all 3 paths.
    Kenneth = attacking
    Yeehaw = attack support
    IronMaiden = defending leech rooms
    Fleecey = running around the whole map
    The remaining 4: nowhere to be seen, and apparently one of those guys removed the teleporter to the leech room and trapped himself inside on purpose.

On the last 5 minutes I literally saw nobody except the mentioned ones, it's as if the game turned 10 v 5.
    And BillionDollarMan and Fluke literally detonating every single mine placed.
    I found a couple of teleporters and those lasted like 3 minutes each because of a constant 2 vs 5 on the teleporter, nobody else helping taking those out.

It's the second Aleria game that shouldn't have been lost after geting shittons of RU from leeches.
    Forget about BDM removing stuff, I'm gonna start kicking the shit out of ppl idling and removing teleporters to leeches.

- - - Updated - - -

This is accurate about me ATM
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I was sad for going red, blue,red

Finally accepting being on blue, build some stuff and then I get switch.

Kept crashing and kicked by ace, fml

He is banned until 15/02/2006.

There are still a lot of people who think they are untouchable, but lately I am noticing a lot of favouritism for certain players. They do something that is not allowed and get banned, they protest and get let off.

Blaze knows one I am talking about, lying by stating they did not build SP's through the floor/ceiling and that they jumped with boots to build, then accepted their answer immediately that it was built outside, when they actually jumped to Upgrade as they could not upgrade through the floor/ceiling after building. It totally fucked up the balance of the game.

fed up of the fucking favouritism.

Thread Information