User Tag List

Cool #UT4.eu - Draft iCTF cup Winter 2016

Ladies and Gentlemen

#UT4.eu , the European UT4 community, just launched their first big - and biggest ever held - instagib Capture the Flag draft cup

Till yet there are already 151 players signed up!

Join and follow them now ;D

www.ut4.eu

webchat @ http://ut4.eu/web-chat/

facebook @ http://ut4.eu/fb-group-page/[/QUOTE]

Sign-Ups will be closing soon as of right now everyone has: 1 Day, 13 Hours & 52 Minutes left. So far we have 184 sign-ups & 6-7 of them are NA players hopefully more NA players sign-up & hopefully we get to 200 sign-ups before they close.

Is UT4 active??

In the EU community Instagib CTF is whats mostly played we usually have 14-16 pugs a day & multiple pugs going at same time we hosted a successful Nations Cup had 200 viewers for that & now we have a iCTF draft that has 187 sign-ups at the moment & sign-ups close tomorrow. We are getting bigger & bigger everyday we have a UK, France & Germany hub trying to make it fair for all players around the world as much as we can at least. Here's some pugbot stats it's 2 pugbots 1 for weapons & 1 for instagib these are the stats as of right now.

[22:27] <@UT4--instagib--bot> Channel created on: January 15, 2016 -- Total Pugs: 233 -- Daily: 12.1 -- Unique Players: 201 -- Last: 3hrs 16mins 21secs ago.
    [22:27] <@UT4--weapons--bot> Channel created on: January 15, 2016 -- Total Pugs: 42 -- Daily: 2.18 -- Unique Players: 36 -- Last: 10hrs 26mins 9secs ago.

The US scene @ #UT4Pugs is inactive but since I came back I have been asked to try & do something about it but might be too much to tackle right now from being away & also I always been with #UT4.eu from the start as 1 of the main admin so that's a lot of work just with that channel.

Another reason why UT4 is inactive because they haven't fully fixed problems & sometimes the updates are awesome then go to worst especially for weapons I think it still needs lots of work but for Instagib it's basically golden almost.
    Last edited by WeeDMaN; 02-03-2016 at 10:35 PM.

I've been playing #UT4.eu iCTF pugs on the weekends. It's really easy to find a good one to join since there are usually at least 2 or 3 going on at the same time from morning until evening on Saturdays and Sundays, and during the weekdays there seems to be a fairly constant stream of pugs from the afternoon until the evening. NWCTF pugs happen occasionally in #ut4pugs at night, but weapons in UT4 is mostly unplayable. I mean it is really, really bad. iCTF on Euro servers with 130+ ping, shitty hit registration, and warping players... is actually better than NWCTF on US servers with 30 ping.

The latest build (released Feb. 1st) is somehow even worse than the previous one. There are some definite improvements, but in currently unimportant areas - e.g., UI, etc. Not only did the weapons get even more unbalanced, but there is constant stuttering/jittering (seemingly unrelated to framerate), which has also worsened since the previous build. And on top of the constant stuttering, there's a massive decrease in performance for almost everyone. There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with Unreal Engine 4, and it just doesn't make any sense. I'm getting the impression that a bunch of noobs have been hired at Epic and they're screwing everything up, and managers/old-timers Epic don't even really care because they've already made tons of money, and yet somehow all they care about now is making another quick buck, instead of building a high quality product, just like most other gaming companies these days. And I'm not even talking about UT4, I'm talking about the Engine itself. I'm seeing all kinds of rookie mistakes being made that should never, ever happen in any professional setting with any half-competent team of developers. There seems to be no modularity to the code, no unit tests, and someone linked to a commit on GitHub where they put gametype specific code within a base class (granted I did that sometimes with NewNet but only because I had no other feasible option). And they wonder why there are absurd numbers of bugs and performance issues! /rant

So far I'm really disappointed with the progress of the game, but I do still hold hope for the future. I just wish there was more time a day so that I could help fix the game myself.

Sign-Ups are now closed. We thank everyone who signed up & are participating we were able to get 194 sign-ups not all will compete but now since we know how many players are interested next time it will be even bigger & more participation. We will keep people updated if they want to stream matches & such. 1st game is on February 14th

@WeeDMaN keep us updated here on streams and post the links. I played UT4 today. It wasn't as bad as I remember. Although there still isn't much of a following andnthe few pub servers are pretty dead....

Still contemplating whether we should open any pubs for UT4. Having said that though, I played hurtworld today too......strange game that is. It appears ark survival might be pretty similar too.

I will definitely keep up with the posts & updating people on what's going on with live streams or whatever other important news. Tomoro at 20:00 CET we are going to have captains pick players for their teams for the iCTF Draft that will be live tomorrow I will have link below & our 1st matchup will be on February 14th but was going to make another post for that so it's more legit

Streaming of cups usually happen on both these twitch channels below.

#UT4.eu Main Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/unreal_tournament_4_tv
    UT4 Main Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/unreal_tournament_4_tv

I have played UT4 usually real early in the mornings I am hoping to get a computer soon of my own when I get my taxes so I can play more & pug. Also with getting a hub I would maybe wait until next build or so right now some hate this build & some like it but lots of mixed feelings right now so might just be waste money but who knows people do love |UK| servers.
    Last edited by WeeDMaN; 02-06-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Thread Information