UT4 Alpha servers. - Page 4

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    He really hasn't changed with time has he. Still acts like a pre pubescent teen. Sad thing is it is only likely to be online where he is considered important.

Funny how some people change and some don't isn't it. I am a grumpy old man now, when I used to be a grumpy younger man.

Back on topic : I have been playing often over the last few days. The game really does have some great potential to be a worthy next gen to UT99. Sludge weapon fire rate and some movements lets it down a little though. Your servers are getting plenty of use as well @SAM.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 02-26-2016 at 07:48 AM.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;108675]some movements lets it down a little though.
    UT4 has replaced jumping rabbit noobs, with spamming slide noobs, I don't understand why they do it so much, I would of thought they would notice after a few minutes they are making it harder for themselves, most of the time they end up killing themselves anyway, or you could just walk off knowing they are not likely to hit you no matter what.

Slide is useful after a long jump or wall dodge for the visual aspect. I have had many kills like that as it makes my movement unpredictable.

I've seen so many moons slide and then fall off the ledge. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I've seen so many moons slide and then fall off the ledge. Lol
    They don't like you lol'ing at them either. I am guilty of doing it as well on face, slide right off to be told I forgot I can't fly. In my defence, I was still learning the moves.

I set up a LGi game today, it really got me hooked at game speed 1.30 (which felt like 155) Dont know the console command for air control yet. really felt like UT99 LGi, was weird but enjoyable

Today. I played some combo and I kept ducking.....lol

Yeah I tried lgi on the hub the other day. Need a hellbent type map to see whether it will be any good on ut4 though?

I have been getting urges to get into the UE4 Editor and may well have a go at mapping and porting over UT99 maps if I can. Will take a while to learn the ropes I imagine but shouldn't be too long hopefully.

I have also seen there is a template for vehicles in the UE Ed, that got me intrigued and made me open my RX7 for the first time in ages, shame it never got completed to a standard I consider finished. It is the best RX I have made in my opinion and would like to port something similar over to UT4 eventually.

only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    I have been getting urges to get into the UE4 Editor and may well have a go at mapping and porting over UT99 maps if I can. Will take a while to learn the ropes I imagine but shouldn't be too long hopefully.
    Which maps are we talking here?

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    I have also seen there is a template for vehicles in the UE Ed, that got me intrigued and made me open my RX7 for the first time in ages, shame it never got completed to a standard I consider finished. It is the best RX I have made in my opinion and would like to port something similar over to UT4 eventually.

only time will tell.
    Do it. We have plenty of hosting capacity at both our locations. Could bring back HoF, maybe.

I'm still devising a "master plan" as to how to port into UT4 whilst maintaining the UT99 aspect of things. The hub and dedicated servers are doing very well considering they've been up for only a few days. I'm still researching the game and server types that need setting up.

Keep in mind though, if you're coding for pre alpha, you will need to recompile and revise code / maps for each release.
    Last edited by SAM; 02-27-2016 at 09:00 AM.

This is reason why lots of people haven't created anything special yet because like SAM said every release people have to recompile & revise code every single time & some people don't want to do that every month or 2. Good to hear your servers running smooth hopefully you guys get a NA hub 1 running soon I been thinking of making a American pug channel instead of #UT4.eu it would be #UT4.am so maybe if I do it will be more interest for NA community I knew you guys wouldn't have a problem with EU servers.

But I was also wondering do you guys have pug settings set. We usually always give our players decisions to play wherever they like as long as everyone agrees. But I was also thinking would be good on cup days since sometimes we disable 1-2 hubs at a time so those days people might be like fuck it let's go try the |UK| hub you know.

I don't think I'll be setting up an NA hub anytime soon. The players seem to be all EU based so far.....not enough from the NA continent to justify it really....

I have setup some pug settings, they work as well. If you want to send me over the rules/game ini files, I'll add the configs you guys may need to our hub, just as a backup if yours are offline or want to try a different hub. Our hub is setup for a maximum of 16 instances, which it should handle just fine. I've seen two CTF games 8v8, deathmatch of 10 slots both on the hub and then our standalone weapons dm server maxed @ 16 slots and the server was peaking at 2%.
    Last edited by SAM; 02-27-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Thread Information