UT4 Alpha servers. - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Servers feel good, just need more maps. I didn't back up the two I did when I uninstalled, I think they are lost now

@SAM

Well we already talked today good that you found me on IRC I guess me advertising our channel helped that out hehe. But I hope you got everything working good on your hub & like I said if not you can PM me here or on IRC best bet is IRC since I am on everyday idling usually. If you do have a problem with stuff maybe I could create a ini for you with everything needed but just me know. Most links I gave you in PM should be all set but was thinking maybe you could add a Map Request forum or something lol because sometimes you won't know when a map is out & if a player does & wants it in your server they will come here & ask most likely i'd hope.

It ran perfectly smooth for me, I have tweaked all the settings to "Epic" and there was no lag at all apart from a few seconds when the match started.

One thing I can't seem to find is settings or commands to add to the config files. Everything I find is all about dumbing down the system to ease bad FPS. My system can run it with max settings.
    I want as many settings as I can, like I had to find the gamma setting as by default it was too bright. But I can't find anything else to tweak, like LODBias so I can sharpen everything up if it is possible.

I have only played a handful of times and I have no knowledge at all to do with the dev tools or systems. Something I will have fun researching if I can find a place that deals with tweaking the system configs for optimum settings, rather than those dedicated to low end machines.

The feel is nice and does resemble UT99, but the weapon fire anims are so slow which is a big deal for me, they need to be minimal for quicker fire response rate.

I'm sure someone will introduce FWS for it which should speed up the animation.

I've just opened our first Instagib CTF dedicated server, not part of the hub and played a few games. Was full when I left for roughly 1 hour. Need to figure out how to add maps to dedicated servers. I'll definitely be doing some tutorial write ups once I've figured it all out.

But yes agreed. Our servers are running pretty nice! Fluke, you could start the strange love / RX mod as a paid add on. Make money from qwerty. Lol

I found this link a couple days ago which has a list of custom maps. https://stevelois.wordpress.com/ut/ut4/remakes-for-ut4/

Here is a good example for a remake of DM-Codex https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...read.php?19814

Map pak need to be put in UnrealTournamentServerFolder\UnrealTournament\Cont ent\Paks

Then adjust your servers Game.ini with the needed information.

Example:

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTDMGameMode]
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Nitro-V05
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Malevolence-V11

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTBaseGameMode]
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Nitro-V05-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",Packag eURL="ut.rushbase.net/MoxNix/DM-Nitro-V05-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="0ea2a25dadfd 3795ab95a194abe350fc")
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Malevolence-V11-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",Packag eURL="ut.rushbase.net/MoxNix/DM-Malevolence-V11-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="d74d13dd43a2 039a1b40b6dc78bb3328")

[Tutorial] Hosting a server with Custom maps!
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...read.php?20584

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Fluke, you could start the strange love / RX mod as a paid add on. Make money from qwerty. Lol
    Ahaha, I am sure he would find a way to rip it off like always.

Not sure I have the stamina to take on a UT4 RX project, I don't have the drive to create anymore seeing as my mind is usually foggy nowadays. I will leave it all to the next UT generation.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    Ahaha, I am sure he would find a way to rip it off like always.

Not sure I have the stamina to take on a UT4 RX project, I don't have the drive to create anymore seeing as my mind is usually foggy nowadays. I will leave it all to the next UT generation.
    There's this private mapvote that he has on his server. Someone should troll him and release it. I'm sure it wouldn't be rocket science lol

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    There's this private mapvote that he has on his server. Someone should troll him and release it. I'm sure it wouldn't be rocket science lol

Stop putting Ideas in my head Sam. I could never do anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    Stop putting Ideas in my head Sam. I could never do anything like that.
    You know, I looked at the source code yesterday. It looks for =V= in the server name.....

Nice one SAM. You sure know how to bring out the moron rage in Qwerty LOL. https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11318&start=15

Thread Information