What happened to NW

User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

What happened to NW

Just wondering what happened to the NW option on the server. its blocked out. there was usually a nice mix of combo and nw games voted on. i see that there is a server dedicated to nw but i cant see many finding it if they dont check in here at the forums. it's nice to have a mix of combo and nw on the same server. theres only so many players to go around these days and I feel that without the nw option, NW ctf will be dead as this is the only real server out there. hope that makes sense.

I think this is a very positive development. I hope, now, that we'll see the return of a lot of the old server regulars who've been absent in recent times since the reintroduction the dual-mode gametypes - though it could take a while for the good news to filter out and people to become aware of the change.

With "Server Affiliates" set up in the UK server Nexgen configuration, an entry for the dedicated Normal Weapons server will automatically have been entered into the Favorites list of every visiting player. So those who want to go and play Normal Weapons shouldn't have any trouble in finding it. I trust that those concerned will now do their part and repay this generous gesture by making full use of it.

I look forward to an era of unfettered Combogibbing without the frustration of interrupted play by alternative game types. Now, finally, I have a clearly partitioned choice. On those occasions when I fancy a spell in Normal Weapons land, I'll seek out a server set-up specifically with that mode in mind. But in the meantime, we have a Combogib server that functions exclusively as a Combogib server. As it should be. And thank goodness for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsees View Post
    Just wondering what happened to the NW option on the server. its blocked out. there was usually a nice mix of combo and nw games voted on. i see that there is a server dedicated to nw but i cant see many finding it if they dont check in here at the forums. it's nice to have a mix of combo and nw on the same server. theres only so many players to go around these days and I feel that without the nw option, NW ctf will be dead as this is the only real server out there. hope that makes sense.
    There's a grapple server out there that has NW and at times has some good games. This server was better but unfortunately UK seems adamant in destroying their popularity by changing things back & forth all the time. This server used to be a top 5 populated server and now with everything that's gone on between removing NW, changing the vote weight, etc...they've dropped to almost 18th since removing NW. Sad thing is...I think they did this all because of Chinpo. Most people enjoyed the combination of both styles. Hence why both were voted evenly it seemed like. Now without NW, I play on this server 1/10th of the time I did before. Part of the reason is in Combo, it's ALWAYS the same 3 maps. Fragwhores, Picture Perfect & Denise. Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg232 View Post
    This server used to be a top 5 populated server and now with everything that's gone on between removing NW, changing the vote weight, etc...they've dropped to almost 18th since removing NW
    I would think the servers being attacked all the time has something to do with it, it's the same reason the uk insta server is more popular than then us insta server atm, even though the us server is better and has always been. Been seeing more and more of the combo players who have no idea how to play ctf, or the selfish dicks who ruin games by warping the whole time in the insta servers lately.

We should put when server is full u can get option to join other uk servers, then people might see it

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg232 View Post
    There's a grapple server out there that has NW and at times has some good games. This server was better but unfortunately UK seems adamant in destroying their popularity by changing things back & forth all the time. This server used to be a top 5 populated server and now with everything that's gone on between removing NW, changing the vote weight, etc...they've dropped to almost 18th since removing NW. Sad thing is...I think they did this all because of Chinpo. Most people enjoyed the combination of both styles. Hence why both were voted evenly it seemed like. Now without NW, I play on this server 1/10th of the time I did before. Part of the reason is in Combo, it's ALWAYS the same 3 maps. Fragwhores, Picture Perfect & Denise. Boring.
    This doesn't make sense. I took NW off earlier this week. The server dropping in rank has nothing to do with it? The fact of the matter is, the player base is decreasing. Having said that, the "other" grapple server, is full of fake bot players. There's a reason why nexgen doesn't open in that server. That's to stop people finding out that these are bots and the "Players" can't be PM'd.

I've been a great advocate of keeping the two together. It helped populate the server with players hoping to play the gametypes. But, as I mention above. The playerbase is dwindling. Don't let the fake player servers with 18 players in them 24/7 fool you in thinking otherwise. People get frustrated at servers being constantly attacked, by those who for some reason hold vendetta. These people don't realise that in the end, they are only hurting their chances of playing. I hope they enjoy playing with bots that have pings, whilst we move on to newer games

NW and COMBOINSTAGIB must be in the same server. It worked for years now. Why would u change something that worked and that still work. that is the worse idea ever and it will give another hax stroke in UT's legs. and all this because of 2 or 3 unsatisfied players.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I took NW off earlier this week
    why?
    like jay said it worked fine these years
    put nw again sam
    CDQMCP

nothing like wanting to play combo then the swarm of south americans wanting to play weaps to chase everyone around snooze....

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    nothing like wanting to play combo then the swarm of south americans wanting to play weaps to chase everyone around snooze....
    Finally someone else said it!

Thread Information