User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 107
  1. #11
    Dominating uranus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    646
    Country:
    wt actual f??

  2. #12
    Administrator SAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,269
    Country:
    It would be good if everyone voiced their opinions. At the moment I am just guessing. I really don't understand these players. Such a simple concept.

  3. #13
    Moderator Jst2blond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    France-Alsace
    Posts
    1,607
    Country:
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    It would be good if everyone voiced their opinions. At the moment I am just guessing. I really don't understand these players. Such a simple concept.
    Past months, i have only played few hours here and there. Of i have notice that we have lack of players on server but i have also noticed that we have less complaints with combo and nw mods separated. To keep server populated, we need more maps, even if some of them are andaction lookalike. All said " Noooo, not andaction!" But finally, this map is the most played and i am not ashamed to say that i enjoy and like it.
    Last edited by Jst2blond; 04-02-2016 at 05:32 AM.
    Blond's copyrighted

  4. #14
    kdawg232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    52
    Country:
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I've been a great advocate of keeping the two together. It helped populate the server with players hoping to play the gametypes. But, as I mention above. The playerbase is dwindling. Don't let the fake player servers with 18 players in them 24/7 fool you in thinking otherwise. People get frustrated at servers being constantly attacked, by those who for some reason hold vendetta. These people don't realise that in the end, they are only hurting their chances of playing. I hope they enjoy playing with bots that have pings, whilst we move on to newer games
    Honestly I don't think it's a bad idea showing that the server has "players" in it. It may attract more people to join. And when they join, the bots they have on the servers aren't godlike bots like you currently have on the NW server. That way someone can play by themselves while they wait for others to join. The problem with both the Combo & NW server is that they show 0 players so often that the games never get started. HOWEVER, they start filling up quickly when there's 5 or 6 people playing so there must be random people out there just waiting to play but don't because the servers show 0 so often (at least when I play).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    It would be good if everyone voiced their opinions. At the moment I am just guessing. I really don't understand these players. Such a simple concept.
    I think the fact that NW would get voted so often (even with a .7 vote), proves it was just as popular, if not more popular than Combo.

  5. #15
    Whicked Sick UT-Sniper-SJA94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    What was England
    Posts
    4,424
    Country:
    Quote Originally Posted by kdawg232 View Post
    I think the fact that NW would get voted so often (even with a .7 vote), proves it was just as popular, if not more popular than Combo.
    Every time the servers were separated, the combo server had players, the nw server failed, that's all the proof you need. I bet weapons get voted because the weapons players are desperate to play a game so they vote faster, where as the combo players are quite lazy and don't vote quite often.

  6. #16
    Administrator SAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,269
    Country:
    What's obvious is, there are more combo players than NW players. When NW is voted, all the combo players leave and you are left with 4 people playing NW, who all leave the next map. Therefore, it's more prudent to split these gametypes.

    If you want a populated NW server, then put some work in, populate it and play there. People will join. No one joins if no one joins.

  7. #17
    kdawg232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    52
    Country:
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    What's obvious is, there are more combo players than NW players. When NW is voted, all the combo players leave and you are left with 4 people playing NW, who all leave the next map. Therefore, it's more prudent to split these gametypes.

    If you want a populated NW server, then put some work in, populate it and play there. People will join. No one joins if no one joins.
    That's your opinion like I have mine. I have seen the opposite. Usually when combo is voted, people leave. But maybe I play at a time where NW players come out of the wood work.

    I offered you a suggestion on how to improve the popularity in both NW and combo and then you say, put some work into it. Like realistically, I'm going to be able to do anything. The "other" servers once again have humans playing in it this morning but combo & nw have nothing. I do not think it's a bad idea to have bots or "fake" the people in the server so more people are apt to join.

    Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Every time the servers were separated, the combo server had players, the nw server failed, that's all the proof you need. I bet weapons get voted because the weapons players are desperate to play a game so they vote faster, where as the combo players are quite lazy and don't vote quite often.
    Now we're analyzing the psychology of a combo player vs. nw? lol
    Last edited by kdawg232; 04-02-2016 at 10:13 AM.

  8. #18
    Administrator SAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,269
    Country:
    Quote Originally Posted by kdawg232 View Post
    The "other" servers once again have humans playing
    They are bots. That's why you are not allowed to open nexgen. But it may attract some players. Who knows.

  9. #19
    Whicked Sick UT-Sniper-SJA94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    What was England
    Posts
    4,424
    Country:
    There is nothing more fun than playing bots with ping.

  10. #20
    Dominating uranus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    646
    Country:
    Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Every time the servers were separated, the combo server had players, the nw server failed, that's all the proof you need.
    This experiment is flawed. Try leaving the combo server the way it was at the same IP address with NW and COMBO and move the "COMBO ONLY" server to a new ip. This would get closer to an application of the scientific method.

    I've seen lots of old ye olde schoole players come around this past year looking for and happily playing NW while also filling slots on COMBO games.

    Chinpo has his glorious COMBO only server running. I wonder how many players visit that...? Maybe ChinpoCombo is gaining some traction and this is a move to compete...?

    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    When NW is voted, all the combo players leave and you are left with 4 people playing NW
    In my experience this is the exception rather than the rule. Most of the time (again in my experience) the server stays full or even fills up when NW is running, which is a small percentage of the total server usage.

    Normal Weapons games end after 7 caps so the games are quite often much shorter than COMBO games which always run the full game time. A Normal Weapons run usually only lasts as long as it takes to go through the 4-5 popular maps. Once the most popular maps are played and can't be voted anymore, someone might vote a less popular map and that's when many people leave.


    Still, I think it's fairly obvious that NW players are less active when you consider that a small percentage of the total games played on the server are NW. It seems to me that most of us who like playing NW also like to play COMBO but many of us wouldn't bother playing COMBO if there was no possibility that we might get a NW game going at some point.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •