What happened to NW - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    They are bots. That's why you are not allowed to open nexgen. But it may attract some players. Who knows.
    Since nobody plays on NW server ever....why not try it out there? What's to lose? 0 players? lol. Showcasing 8 people playing on it, may start some popularity. Can't get any worse. Orrrrr...you just combine the 2 servers again

Another server no one wants to play on with fake players, just what the server browser needs.

Guide to finishing UT off:

- New player gets UT,
    - Looks in server browser,
    - Looks like there are a lot of players playing the game,
    - Goes into 1 server, fake players,
    - Goes into another server, fake players,
    - Goes into yet another server, fake players,
    - Player then uninstalls UT,
    - Player says, don't get that game there is no real players playing.

All because people are lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Another server no one wants to play on with fake players, just what the server browser needs.

Guide to finishing UT off:

- New player gets UT,
    - Looks in server browser,
    - Looks like there are a lot of players playing the game,
    - Goes into 1 server, fake players,
    - Goes into another server, fake players,
    - Goes into yet another server, fake players,
    - Player then uninstalls UT,
    - Player says, don't get that game there is no real players playing.

All because people are lazy.
    BUT YET....that server just now, had 11 HUMAN players in it. I was just in it. Combo has 0. Why? Because people like populated servers. It's not a hard concept. What's even crazier? That server SUCKS compared to UKs. But yet, it's combo throughout the day is more popular. Smh.

You know what else kills UT? People who can't adapt to change or take suggestions.

Adapt to an empty server.

Yeah that server looks like lots of fun, out of the 6 players there one was a bot with ping, 1 player grapple camping, another 2 players hiding, looks like most of them are banned players from the |uk| servers

Just noticed this in my server favourites, with a load of other crap @SAM I guess that isn't your server?:

I call it unmoderated environments.
    Many players can't be arsed with following rules or a certain playstyle.

It's one of the reasons I address playstyle quirks in code, while at the same time making some rules no longer needed.
    The High Speed CTF-Face was the best unmoderated server back then, but a lack of good ban system to keep cheaters out and lack of some sort of lag compensation slowly killed it... the redeemer change may have had something to do as well, IMO that was gay as hell, don't you think @jay666?
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Adapt to an empty server.

Yeah that server looks like lots of fun, out of the 6 players there one was a bot with ping, 1 player grapple camping, another 2 players hiding, looks like most of them are banned players from the |uk| servers
    That's not the server I'm referencing. I'll get you the IP later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg232 View Post
    That's not the server I'm referencing. I'll get you the IP later tonight.
    Ok thanks.

Is it a reg server, I miss playing reg combo

[QUOTE=uranus;110465]This experiment is flawed. Try leaving the combo server the way it was at the same IP address with NW and COMBO and move the "COMBO ONLY" server to a new ip. This would get closer to an application of the scientific method.

I've seen lots of old ye olde schoole players come around this past year looking for and happily playing NW while also filling slots on COMBO games.

I cant agree more with this statement. I guess you can do whatever you want with your servers, it's just a shame that this is really the last server that had decent weapons CTF. I will frequent FullMetalJacket for weapons but that's a DM server. still like DM but CTF is a bit more fun!

I dont mind the mix of combo and weapons, but after a while combo only gets a bit old. again you are welcome to do what you want with your servers. i jsut know that me along with others will miss NW-CTF and i am sure that will make me frequent the server less often.

There is a server dedicated to NWCTF now.

The experiment isn't flawed. Everyone who visits combo, should now have a fav entry for the NWCTF server. All you guys have to do is look at your favourites and join the server?

I don't quite understand how this is a flawed concept.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I don't quite understand how this is a flawed concept.
    If you're talking to me, I was referring to the conclusions from the assumed experiment of moving servers in the past. There are too many variables unaccounted for in the trials.

Aside from that supposed experiment, I see these as some points worth considering:

• NW votes are weighted lower than COMBO
    • NW games end at 7 caps
    • NW maps are allowed replays less frequently
    • NW players (mostly and usually) happily play COMBO also

Yet NW still gets played fairly often. I'd bet there are at least a few COMBO players who actually enjoy (re)learning another game type.

I'm just saying, why not keep COMBO in the classic proven configuration at the same IP address and give the hard core combo players their own COMBO only server at the new IP?

Thread Information