Overwatch - Page 15

User Tag List

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

This brawl lol.

12 minutes 9 seconds overtime on point A of Numbani.

- - - Updated - - -

Had Iddqd on my team in comp and Cloud9 Adam.

I got a smurf account today from a friend

I just upgraded the ranking from 2400 to 3250 in a win streak of almost 20 matches xD
    Hell Elo dont exisists if you play DPS. Its toooooo much easy kill the enemies sups as Tracer or kill anyone as Genji.
    But, for who plays solo with defensive Tank or Sup, win or lose is almost a matter of luck.
    Reach master solo queueing might be easier for who plays fine with offensive sups like Ana and Zenny, or offtanks like Zarya and RoadHog

So, if you play solo, just play: DPS > Offtank/OfSup > DefSup/DefTank

I have trouble with tracer, though I am only level 13 haha. I love genji though I got my first Penta with him

adrian is good at genji tho, he might help you with some advices
    Never Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+
    AdRiaN;118260]Hell Elo dont exisists if you play DPS. Its toooooo much easy kill the enemies sups as Tracer or kill anyone as Genji.
    But, for who plays solo with defensive Tank or Sup, win or lose is almost a matter of luck.
    Reach master solo queueing might be easier for who plays fine with offensive sups like Ana and Zenny, or offtanks like Zarya and RoadHog
    Depends on where you're playing. There are probably many, many more players in the US and EU than there are in Brazil/South America, which means there's more competition (higher quantity of better players) in US/EU. It also means that when playing on US/EU servers, because there are so many different players, there's a higher chance of getting some idiot on your team who ruins the team by picking a stupid hero. Almost every time I solo queue, at least 3 people (other than myself) immediately pick DPS when they don't know how to DPS and then we have to switch it up when everyone realizes it isn't working, but half the time it's too late by then. This makes winning solo queue very random. And for the record, I'm not saying you aren't a good player Adrian because I know you're good. I'm just saying your experience with Overwatch (in terms of ELO hell) is probably different from those of us in the US/EU.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Depends on where you're playing. There are probably many, many more players in the US and EU than there are in Brazil/South America, which means there's more competition (higher quantity of better players) in US/EU. It also means that when playing on US/EU servers, because there are so many different players, there's a higher chance of getting some idiot on your team who ruins the team by picking a stupid hero. Almost every time I solo queue, at least 3 people (other than myself) immediately pick DPS when they don't know how to DPS and then we have to switch it up when everyone realizes it isn't working, but half the time it's too late by then. This makes winning solo queue very random. And for the record, I'm not saying you aren't a good player Adrian because I know you're good. I'm just saying your experience with Overwatch (in terms of ELO hell) is probably different from those of us in the US/EU.
    Idk... i see ppl from NA saying that players like Seagull is great as Genji, players like Taimou is great as mccree... but I know a lot of Br players better than them. My genji for sure is better than Seagull's Genji (improved a lot these last days xD), and im not the best Br Genji

ThZito7, Rakz, Nitro, Soulive, DanielKiller and many others are better than Taimou as McCree.
    Snow is better than Surefour as Tracer.
    I really think Brazillian players is over NA players in terms of skill, im not saying this just because im BR.

"hell elo" is the same here, everyone picks DPS first, but even if your team dont have any sup, you should pick DPS and show to your team that you know to play, then, if you say "we need a healler", probably a guy will pick a support.
    If you play Tracer/Genji, you just dont need your team in 3000- elos, just kill the enemy sups 1st, and heal your self with health packs or using Tracer's record.
    Last edited by HIGH[+]AdRiaN; 10-01-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Elo hell exists son, ask @|uK|kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post

My elo hell is 50 from masters, there always seems to be people who insta pick widow, hanzo, and junkrat, when they can clearly see we need a dps player, another support, or a tank, then they start shit talking the team is shit. I had one game because Iddqd and Adam from Cloud9 was on my team, some guy was just flaming them the whole time not playing properly to lower their elo.

On my season high we was playing vs a 3 tank comp, so some genius decides to play widow on the first point on the Russian map vs a Rein, roadhog and Zarya, and hes flaming us because he can't do anything, he switches to Tracer then fails to even kill a Mercy.

In Blizzard's forum, looks like players think the matches will be easier if them cross this "Elo hell", but this isnt truth, for sure, the higher your SR, the harder will be the matches.
    In my current SR 3800-3900, im always placed against others top 500 players, OR, i play against a mix of master/diamond, but in this situation, my team always have at least 1 platinum that makes the match fucking hard to win.
    Its like UT cookies system (improved of course), if you have low SR, you will be placed against a noob team, if you have high SR, you will be placed against a strong team, or with ape teammates.

ELO hell definitely exists in a game like Overwatch because of the randomness of teammates. The ranking algorithms are also completely wrong half the time. Some friends and I were playing some placement matches on smurf accounts, and one of the guys we played with was one of the worst players I have *ever* seen. I looked up his profile after he was placed, and his initial placement was 3200. And this guy was *terrible*. Absolutely terrible. I feel sorry for the teams he got put on after that, because he no doubt dragged them down and caused them to lose.

The only way to avoid ELO hell in Overwatch is to play with a full team of 6 who you know are as good as you... Or get lucky with the teams. It's probably easier to get consistent teams in Brazil because the player pool is smaller. So if you happen to get a good team in solo queue and then requeue immediately after, it's likely you'll get the same good team again. Even in the US with a much larger playerbase, I sometimes play with the same few players multiple matches in a row. So if I get a bad team, I'll usually wait a while to requeue in hopes that I'll get decent players next time. But it is really random.

Thread Information