Unplayable - Page 6

User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Unplayable

It's called balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+
    AdRiaN;112528]Blaze (that for sure trained a lot) kills chimp = 25 RU
    Chimp had luck and killed blaze = 65 RU
    That's been changed, again with your input (thanks for the reminder).
    The range's something between 43-55 now, and the additional amounts go to anyone with eff > 85% or with high pickup/spree count, which is why Florencia and Killer_Speed are actually targeted while they practice their shitty playstyle, gotta have those 200 RU bounties.
    I'm not perfect, but I do take suggestions from ppl that understand the game and are willing to offer solutions.

BTW there's a couple of extreme cases where you get 35RU for someone that just joined with 0% eff, or 90 if the person was 1/0 after joining as well.
    I should clamp the Eff limits to something other than 0,100 for low K/D ppl.

Something like [50-(k+d),50+(k+d)] so ppl that just joined no longer give either 35 or 90 RU at the start of the game. So only after someone reaches 50 k+d we get to fully give those eff bonuses.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I got a suggestion. Can there be map specific cookies? Like an example: I make a lvl 3 sb and start doing some fair dmg to the core with jetpack and hyper leecher in Bathrooms, which in the end of the game gives me alot of cookies becuase of a high score, but in a map like Simplex or Bluevember, the cookie amount changes becuase I can't be as effective in those maps as i can be effective in Bathrooms (im literally useless in those two). It could lead to atleast slightly better balance between the two teams (for example killer speed having low amount of cookies in a map with no midspawn, because hes useless without them). Bassicly it would track how efficient you are in each map and gives you the right amount of cookies for each map that you've played, unless you got cookies from a leech game, which is a bit inconvinient, but then again it's inconvinient either way with leech.

@Skarn

Already suggested as part of the balancer but @Higor won't be developing it further. From what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarn View Post
    map specific cookies?
    I dream of this, not with the amount of work needed to keep the database small lol.
    Some sort of binary file format.

And then, there's the balancer itself, both mine and ATB have big flaws.

did the super protector change recently? like last couplle months?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    did the super protector change recently? like last couplle months?
    I'm sure it's in the release notes. Super protector now targets multiple teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I'm sure it's in the release notes. Super protector now targets multiple teams.
    its not that. i experienced when you stand on top of doa and try to ripper HS the super pro it doesn't Always work.
    i mean if you the the pro from top it should be a hs, no?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    its not that. i experienced when you stand on top of doa and try to ripper HS the super pro it doesn't Always work.
    i mean if you the the pro from top it should be a hs, no?
    Dont think its 100% like that. Had plenty of games where I was certain that I was headshotting buildings, but just didnt get headshot hits out of it.

I think the angle where you shoot it from has something to do with it aswell.
    Last edited by Cella_V2; 05-25-2016 at 12:23 PM.

I even failed to get headshots on mines using sniper, something is up with this code.

Code:
    simulated function bool AdjustHitLocation(out vector HitLocation, vector TraceDir)
    {
    	local float adjZ, maxZ;

TraceDir = Normal(TraceDir);
    	HitLocation = HitLocation + 0.4 * CollisionRadius * TraceDir; //This appears to be responsible

if ( (GetAnimGroup(AnimSequence) == 'Ducking') && (AnimFrame > -0.03) ) //THIS NEVER HAPPENS ON SGBUILDING
    	{
    		maxZ = Location.Z + 0.25 * CollisionHeight;
    		if ( HitLocation.Z > maxZ )
    		{
    			if ( TraceDir.Z >= 0 )
    				return false;
    			adjZ = (maxZ - HitLocation.Z)/TraceDir.Z;
    			HitLocation.Z = maxZ;
    			HitLocation.X = HitLocation.X + TraceDir.X * adjZ;
    			HitLocation.Y = HitLocation.Y + TraceDir.Y * adjZ;
    			if ( VSize(HitLocation - Location) > CollisionRadius )	
    				return false;
    		}
    	}
    	return true;
    }

In contrast I made an override for the MiniShield to ensure the hitbox is a sphere... and HS appears to work just fine even if the angle is deep 90º downwards.
    Code:
    simulated function bool AdjustHitLocation(out vector HitLocation, vector TraceDir)
    {
    	local float hitDist, discr;

if ( VSize(Location - HitLocation) < CollisionRadius * 0.88) //Hollow inside (halfassed)
    		return false;

TraceDir = Normal(TraceDir);
    	HitLocation -= Location;

discr = (square(TraceDir dot HitLocation) - HitLocation dot HitLocation) + square(CollisionRadius); 
    	if ( discr < 0 ) //Sphere doesn't intersect line?
    	{
    		HitLocation += Location;
    		HitLocation += Normal(TraceDir); //This should help prevent infinite recursions (linux crashed here a lot)
    		return false;
    	}

HitLocation += TraceDir * ( -(HitLocation dot TraceDir) - sqrt(discr)) + Location;
    	return true;
    }
    Mmmhhh...
    Code:
    HitLocation = HitLocation + 0.4 * CollisionRadius * TraceDir;
    That code adjusting the hit location inwards appears to be responsible of a lot more issues than I thought...
    @Skarn @Chamberly @Yeehaw maybe this is causing the SC to absorb nukes preventing all damage?

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized... if the pawn taking damage is too flat (a mine or a platform) then the HitLocation will be adjusted beyond the pawn, negating all headshot possibility, the HitLocation may even be forced outside of the actual hitbox (past it).
    Probably this is one of the reasons nukes can be destroyed in DoA arena from outside.

- - - Updated - - -

This can solve the headshot + weird explosions problem, but AdjustHitLocation can be reentrant if the line is trying to go THROUGH the pawn (can be called more than once) and therefore, there may be a chance that there's 250 call recursion crash.
    Probably from LCWeapons though, would need to be tested.
    Code:
    {
    	HitLocation = HitLocation + Normal(TraceDir) * FRand(); //Hopefully there won't be script recursion after this... hopefully
    	return true;
    }
    - - - Updated - - -

Holy crap, the Antigravity Platform's collision cylinder is [65.w,17.h].
    If you stand below it and shoot 90º upwards you get headshot damage.
    Gonna add this to the bug thread.

Thread Information