User Tag List

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Unplayable

Quote Originally Posted by Coll@ View Post
    shit
    lets not start about your shit map right?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    lets not start about your shit map right?
    go wash cars

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    CTF-Kosov, it's impossible to get past red defenses once setup.
    Blue loses every single game that isn't stacked.
    Perhaps someone could make it into 2 maps, RedKosov and BlueKosov.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarn View Post
    Perhaps someone could make it into 2 maps, RedKosov and BlueKosov.
    Now that I think about it, the map could be a lot better if the core was relocated using a script, this looks pretty good to me and forces you to supermine a teleporter the same way red has to.
    I could force this in SiegeIV_0026.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kosov_Core.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	3082
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Been awhile since I posted and feel this is the right thread for it. Not expecting any changes but want to report what I experienced and my opinion.

First, I am not a fan of spawn protection allowing players the ability to engage the hammer to kill a player or hammer jump while still maintaining full spawn protection after the jump. Also, players can apparently use the constructor or binded constructor actions such as making and upgrading mines while maintaining spawn protection. In fact, now that upgrades to level 5 can occur in less than half of a second, a player can respawn and easily make two or even three mines with full spawn protection in the middle of the enemy team nuking.

I will also cite a case that happened in a very recent game. My team had a tele on a higher level. A player respawned, hammered up and went through my level 3 mine with full spawn protection and then still was able to make one or two level 5 mines right next to that area. This is on the path our potential nukers were on.

I don't like hating on Higor and am able to work around a lot of his re-coding, but these recent changes went too far for my taste. I have one coding fix which he may not like but will satisfy my concern: re-code siege spawn protection so that the 2nd constructor action is not spawn protected. I am OK with making the mine, but once you start upgrading (which happens instantaneously in this newer version, so this is a generous offering) your protection is removed. This will prevent the solo spawn protection miner from making multiple mines like this. It's a team game. Second, if the hammer is engaged then there is no spawn protection and how someone can hammer jump and go through a mine absolutely needs to be addressed somehow.

I always thought basing the spawn protector on weapon change and ammo count was silly.

This method looks less exploitable:
    - Weapon change: -2s
    - Constructor action: -2s
    - Hold Fire on weapon: decrease timer 4x faster. (this way respawning with fire button doesn't remove protection immediately)
    - Supplier timer: decrease 0.1s (tick occurs every 0.1s)
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Default timer for spawn protection is...5 seconds?

To make sure I understand, changing a weapon or a constructor action reduces the spawn protection to 2 seconds total? How do binds factor in? It seems binds are an exploit to this weapon change reduction on the surface of it.

Holding down the weapon, such as the hammer, would reduce protection to slightly greater than one second? Seems like just enough to get the jump on someone if you are gonna go at them with the hammer, which feels about right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarj_dulog View Post
    Trans which fails to teleport sometimes
    That happens when you try to use the module when it's too close to the ceiling. You have to wait for it to drop a little. I know that isn't native behavior but I've told Higor about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I know that isn't native behavior but I've told Higor about it
    Same, and i still dind saw any feedback =(

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    That happens when you try to use the module when it's too close to the ceiling. You have to wait for it to drop a little. I know that isn't native behavior but I've told Higor about it.
    Yeah i know about when module fails to teleport you, cuz its too close to ceeling. But this also happens sometimes when module is way away from ceeling

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/n7iJRbZ.jpg[/MG]

Thread Information