User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation SAM is noob ? Or Higor exploiting/experimenting? Or There is bug linked with Higor?

Builds started to build up instantly. Like if we make any nuke or any sp or container or whatever, It takes some predetermined time to build up but in todays match builds were instant. Noticed that this happened afterwards when Higor joined the game. On asking Higor said because sam is noob. I noticed that it was not only container but many builds were building up instantly.
    I have seen such thing in leech game long ago and it was Higor who did at that time. That was no bug.
    So what it is ?

It was just the other day, higor wasn't playing and mines and supplier was build instantly. Probably bug somewhere in version? Idk.

Wonder if it have something to do with max RU shares to upgrade the stuff awhile going away from base? I may be wrong but the answer is in the Github of Siege code.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

There was also a thread about why buildings sometimes build instantly.. not sure where that thread is located.

i thought we got rid if this a couple weeks ago?

A couple of apes bitched the server was lagging so SAM took out the plugin that was taking care of the bug, as well as making the server use up less CPU resources.

USERFLAG stats gave some frightening results during the map: r=12, cli=29, act=7ms, net=65ms, trace=90
    The server's tickrate was somewhere between 10-15, and bug occurs when FPS goes below 12.5

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I have seen such thing in leech game long ago and it was Higor who did at that time. That was no bug.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    A couple of apes bitched the server was lagging so SAM took out the plugin that was taking care of the bug, as well as making the server use up less CPU resources.

USERFLAG stats gave some frightening results during the map: r=12, cli=29, act=7ms, net=65ms, trace=90
    The server's tickrate was somewhere between 10-15, and bug occurs when FPS goes below 12.5

I wonder how he explain the other time when you haven't been around.

Definitely a bug and I've seen it before. All kinds of wonky shit started happening in the middle of that game.

- Instabuild nukes etc.
    - Double shock balls
    - Ownerless, spinning warhead launchers that couldn't be picked up
    - Teleports that worked but didn't spin
    - People levitating over ramps during their descent, during lag spikes

Yep, that's exactly when the server's FPS goes 10 or less and starts running like shit. (plus the bug)
    Also, if the server is taking over 80 milliseconds (act=10, net=70) to process a frame your ping can increase by anything between 10-80ms depending on your position on the player list.

Even if reducing CPU usage on the server does nothing, it greatly decreases ping on players that joined the last, which is one of the primary reasons I made SiegeNative (either way I'm fixing most of the issues in 0026 without the usage of the plugin)
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

SiegeNative was taken out because there appeared to be (perceptually) a problem with lag. We havent had any complaints since....about the server being unplayable.

Why is tickrate dropping though when in the siege ultimate build it was always pretty steady? What's changed. Has siege become tickrate dependant? Are timers being used less?

Thread Information