User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Smile Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

PREVIEW:

Weapons

Modifiers
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 06-10-2011 at 09:46 PM.

they look really cool

siege + nali weapons 3 discussion..?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|areku View Post
    they look really cool

you know...that's what I thought lol

I want!!!

would be sikk

It looks pretty decent . The NW weaps from wildcard's server are crazy compared to this.
    Last edited by B|iss; 01-30-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|areku
    they look really cool

Talking about that, there's one thing I must know before I forget again about siege (relative NW3): I didn't check the siege code, but from what I saw in-game, the buildings are actually pawns, but idk how exactly they stabilish the "teams".

@scarface or WildCard or another siege dev: It happens that there are at least 2 weapons which may have problems with buildings (as "problems" I mean the protectors attacking cybots and cybots attacking protectors regardless of the team).

Well, my "pawns" (cybots) are "smart" enough to check if something belongs to a team (another cybot or pawn, as other whatever objects), based on the Instigator (generally a pawn is its own Instigator, but I made so my cybots had an external Instigator instead: the "master pawn" of them), however I don't know how this is working in siege, and I believe that protectors will attack cybots. (in case people don't know what a "cybot" is, it's a transformable drone, there are different kinds of them, that one above is the "android" one).

The Mobile Satelite (one of the nuker weapons, a remote one), may be also be a pawn so bots can attack it (the AI support is part of this pack features), and although the Mobile Satelite won't attack any protectors, the protectors may attack it as well and reveal its location to the enemy (as it can be taken down, and while it isn't, the enemy can keep nuking the hell out of their oponents with it).

One of the ways I am thinking to implement this in my side, is making cybots ignore the buildings at all, but siege should also have somewhat a fix to ignore a "pawn class list" where cybots would be there, but in case the team is implemented in a very standard way in siege, I may fix that in my side.

In a last note: at NW3 release, if you setup a siege server with them, be sure to not be the main server, but yes a secondary server (I am sure I am not the only one wanting to keep the regular siege gameplay in the main server with regular weapons only, as not even I know if NW3 would make a better or worse server gameplay wise, although I am enjoying my weapons for the first time in my modding life gameplay and graphical wise).

Fricken nice.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    no nw3 in siege please why dont we keep siege less gayified like it is now?

and dude i love your work and the weapons are awesome im just thinking of siege and its gameplay as it is right now which is terrible because of lame play these would just make it even worse

@ |uK|B|aZe//: I know some of my posts are long and quite hard to read, but:
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon
    In a last note: at NW3 release, if you setup a siege server with them, be sure to not be the main server, but yes a secondary server (I am sure I am not the only one wanting to keep the regular siege gameplay in the main server with regular weapons only, as not even I know if NW3 would make a better or worse server gameplay wise, although I am enjoying my weapons for the first time in my modding life gameplay and graphical wise).
    In a short resume: I agree with you to NOT add them in the Main Siege server. As for a secondary one, some people seem to want it on siege, so it would be up to you and other regulars to play there or not.

Imho, I also want to keep the normal weapons only one, but I would play in the both of them.

Also, I must note that if people are guessing the NW3 gameplay based on NW2, well, you couldn't be more wrong relative the gameplay level they give (I openly say I never liked NW2 nor anything I develop myself that much, yet NW3 is quite addicting and even my brother annoys me to setup a server sometime "again" with NW3 and he hates NW2 to the bone).

Thread Information