User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    sorry im glad you didnt take offence i didnt want to cause any

No offense taken
    I only get offended if someone reduce this particular mod to "nothing much", or create false rumours about it or just criticize it to provocate me (the 3 of them already happenned, that's why I am pointing them out).

From there, each person has his/her own tastes and opinions, therefore anyone can openlly say that "in their opinion" this mod "sucks", and I won't get offended, it's their opinion (no one needs to say they "like" the mod just to be in good terms with me or anyone else supporting me, as I value honesty).

In this particular case, I perfectly understand what you mean with it, and I agree to an extent, there's no need to fix what's not broken or modify something that's working great as it is, instead is always better to just add an "alternative", and nothing more. From there, people decide what they want by themselves.

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE (05-Mar-2011) - Cybot Launcher Finished

If anyone wondered if this pack was still under development, read below (screenshots below as well):

138 classes, more than 100 texture files, 73 new 3D models and 2 months of development later, the Cybot Launcher is finally ready (finished it today).
    Like I said previouslly, this was the most complex part of the NW3 pack and it would take time to finish, specially since I never did AI or Pawn animations (ended up to find further engine bugs on the way too regarding pawns), never the development of a single weapon took me this much time, but personally I am quite glad I could at least finish it the way I somewhat intended to, plus the most difficult thing in the pack was achieved, so now the rest is "relativelly easy" to make.

Although it was quite difficult to make, it's very easy to use and quite fun as well. It's a weapon classified as "Super Weapon", which means Redeemer's class, plus they are able to battle eachothers and are fully optimized for team games (2 to 4 teams), specially visually.
    It can carry up to 15 ammo, however you get only 5 ammo at pickup (so basically you would need to get 3 launchers to get 15 ammo).

The cybots will fight and can get killed, and they are (F and G stand for "Follower" and "Guardian" respectivelly):

#1 - Sentinel - Stationary cybot, attacks incoming enemies with its blaster (1 ammo needed);
    #2 - Dual Sentinel - An advanced version of the Sentinel: it holds 2 blasters so it attacks 2x faster (2 ammo needed);
    #3 - Android F - A cybot which can walk, run, jump, cut heads off while jumping, as also a blaster, dodges incoming projectiles (when possible), etc... and follows you around (3 ammo needed);
    #4 - Android G - Same as Android F, but this one doesn't follow you around, it stays at the place you deployed until it spots an enemy (3 ammo needed);
    #5 - Heli F - Flies around following you and attacking enemies with a dual blaster, and dodges incoming projectiles, however it doesn't fire a while doing so (5 ammo needed);
    #6 - Heli G - Same as Heli F, but doesn't follow you, it stays where it was deployed (it still moves around though) (5 ammo needed);
    #7 - Drone F - It's a flying cybot with much more freedom than Heli, faster, it makes much less noise and it's harder to hit, and at times it fires up to 3 sequences of 7 following projectiles to hit different enemies at range, can fire while dodging, and follows you around (8 ammo needed);
    #8 - Drone G - Same as Drone F, but doesn't follow you, it stays where it was deployed (it still moves around though) (8 ammo needed);
    #9 - Kamikaze - It's a suicidal exploding cybot: it charges up for about 3 seconds (making the center light bigger and brighter), and makes a huge explosion, covering an area slightly bigger than the Redeemer (8 ammo needed);
    #10 - F-Field - Also known as Force Field, it simply won't let any projectile pass through it's boundaries, friend or foe, although anyone is able to fire projectiles from the inside. From each time it receives damage through the field, it gets smaller, however this is the only cybot which can regenerate and grow big again to its initial state. There's a an option in the ini to also kill enemy pawns attempting to physically invade the field, but it's false by default (8 ammo needed);
    #11 - Vortex - By far the best cybot you will want to get your hand on: it creates a quantum vortex and pulls everything at its reach (except projectiles). It frequently discharges some energy to the ground breaking it and atracting further matter into it (12 ammo needed).

------------------------------------------------------------
    Some Notes:

Also, as you might imagine, the release time of NW3 will be again delayed (I never thought to take this much time, even thought I somewhat knew a long was needed for this weapon in particular), but this time I won't stablish a time, instead I will say what's still left to be done to release the pack:
    - Some addons and fixes to the core and some already finished weapons;
    - The nukes (about 5 of them, including the new Megaton and UltimaProtos, been saving some core visual features exclusivelly for these 2);
    - A simple melee weapon;
    - A few "utilities" (2 or 3, easy stuff)
    - A few mutators
    - Some new pickups to replace the standard ones

So as you see, the release gets closer and closer, and the development is not stopped, and there isn't that much to be done.

------------------------------------------------------------
    SCREENSHOTS:

Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

Basically put, I made a second NW3 preview as requested by some people, where I show the Graviton, the cybots and even 2 nuclear explosions (Level 4 [=Megaton], and a very small bit of Level 5 [=UltimaProtos] at the end of the video):

omg omg omg omg orgasm WHEN WILL THIS BE RELEASED))))))))))))))))))) that is so great keep up the good work ferial

Red face

I absolutely cannot wait to play Gauntlet with this.
    Wow

Oh BTW SPAM VICTORY!

Dude!! This looks crazy. Can't wait to run beta on these. I will probably turn BT server into NW3 when released for beta!

My input in all your work would be:
    It's all good to have all these amazing weapons but I don't think CTF would be the game to play with it really...

#blogged!
    Last edited by SAM; 06-11-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Really amazing, the textures and the effects of weapons, can not wait to play when freed to beta

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    I will probably turn BT server into NW3 when released for beta!
    Good idea
    Last edited by |uK|Anthrax; 06-11-2011 at 08:50 AM.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    not gonna lie this looks fucking insane ever thought of going into movie making xxx?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    not gonna lie this looks fucking insane ever thought of going into movie making xxx?
    Thanks, but... movie making? no lol, there's a huge difference between a game and a movie, I prefer to stick to games, and do videos as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|lotrfan67 View Post
    omg omg omg omg orgasm WHEN WILL THIS BE RELEASED))))))))))))))))))) that is so great keep up the good work ferial
    LOL, thanks. About the release, I keep wondering that myself. I made this preview exactly because I couldn't release it yet (to be honest I wasn't going to make another preview, but the development is taking so long, so there it is), so wait just a few more months, only a few more weapons to do and some features and fixes.
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 06-11-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Thread Information