User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Packet Loss in UT

Having a problem in UT, it could be my ISP but I checked in CMD and there was no loss on my ISP's end

Shots aren't showing up, it delays the shots, it shows the animation of the player getting hit where they'll freeze for a second and then disappear, players are warping around. I'm basically getting all the signs of packetloss but my ping test is telling me differently. The most noticeable thing is that if I feign death and if I get back up I can't even move and I'm stuck.

The only thing I remember doing was downloading a Windows 10 update but I'm starting to think the update screwed up my Wi-fi somehow. I've been having this problem for 3 days now, I forget when the update got installed maybe around the same time this problem started happening.

I haven't done a fresh install yet, I just cleared the cache in the UT folder.

- - - Updated - - -

GPU driver was screwed up. Think it's been fixed.

Still having this problem. I have a feeling it's my ISP but it's showing no packet loss. There's times where I can't even shoot and people just warp around the map. Other times people warp plus my gun shows up like 20 seconds after I re spawn and when it does show up it still doesn't shoot. It would be easier to explain if I had demos but has anyone experienced anything like this?

Does it show PL on the F6?

I have experienced what you describe but it has always been client side. GFX or client initialisation lag.

I've been getting this a lot more lately.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Does it show PL on the F6?

I have experienced what you describe but it has always been client side. GFX or client initialisation lag.
    Haven't checked that yet. This is happening in other servers as well. I'll check later and see if anything strange comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    I've been getting this a lot more lately.
    Are you running Windows 10?

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    It might not even show in f6 in game. Ive had it before when f6 isnt showing packet loss but on a tracert/ping test its showing packet loss

^ same here on Win10. Sometimes pl shows in F1 or F6, sometimes not. F6 usually showed upstream pl when I was paying attention to it. I just figured it was since I play on the shittiest computer ever touched by humans.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    ^ same here on Win10. Sometimes pl shows in F1 or F6, sometimes not. F6 usually showed upstream pl when I was paying attention to it. I just figured it was since I play on the shittiest computer ever touched by humans.
    I think I found a solution.

Settings, Network & Internet, Advanced Options, Turn On Metered Connection.

I haven't run into any problems so far.

Thanks bro-diggity. I couldn't find it at first since I'm on ethernet. I'll try with the wi-fi again.

Thread Information