User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It is possible to connect your own router directly to the ONT if it gets to that point. I did it for a client in Brooklyn. You have to call them to set it up but they didn't have any problem with it.

Also, check the forum at broadband reports. Sometimes actual smart Techs lurk there.

Oh I thought you meant directly connecting in my PC to my router. I never really thought about doing that or if that were even possible. I should try unplugging the battery from the ONT and plugging it back in and see if that fixes anything.

Yeah, I think it takes a bit of doing, though. You might have to call CS so they can whitelist (or wtvr) your device. I got the instructions from the Verizon website. I guess you could probably have your pc hooked straight to the ONT but that will be the only device with internet unless you "share" your connection. I've had a decent experience with the recent ASUS routers. As a general rule, I try to stay away from linksys, netgear, d-link, etc. especially if they're not running an open source firmware like dd-wrt or, as in the ASUS routers, a modified version of one of the wrt firmwares.

Thread Information