Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden

Admin: Fleece

Server: - ] One Night Stand [ -

Player: Ironmaiden

Infraction: Abusing powers

Penalty: 100 matches

Evidence: If needed I will post + having backup from certain players on server.

Dayum
    Btw who won that niven game? Shame i couldnt play it till end...how many hours it was 2-3? lol
    Last edited by skaarj_dulog; 08-22-2016 at 08:43 AM.

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/n7iJRbZ.jpg[/MG]

Quote Originally Posted by skaarj_dulog View Post
    Dayum
    Btw who won that niven game? Shame i couldnt play it till end...how many hours it was 2-3? lol
    All together it was 4 hours

What team were you on?
    Blue lost

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    All together it was 4 hours

What team were you on?
    Blue lost
    damn...i was blue (red b4 overtime and blue after overtime)

It was about 6 hours, I was on first time at 11:47 AM eastern time and left around 5 PM while it was still going strong. When I joined this game it was already on for maybe 20 min.

Regarding this issue I made a long thread in mod section because over the time of this game many people asked to end, voted for other maps or just plain left when they saw what was going on. I asked 2 times if people wanted this match to be set with a remaining 15 minutes to give all those who asked for an end or left a chance to play a new game.

Nobody objected, one more confirmed. Only when I sent a white screen message to triple check that people wanted this to end, about 5 out of 20 CURRENTLY playing complained so I set the time back to the maximum the system allows (1 hour 20 minutes). In the end I did not end the game, and I certainly did not end in my interest. I’m actually one of the few who doesn’t mind extremely long games. I acted in the interest of the perceived majority of the course of the game.

Everything else regarding this issue I will discuss in mod section since there is more to it.

The game wouldn't have ended by those means.
    You either end it manually or vote it out because changing time does nothing.

@IronMaiden it's not only [admin panel] access, she has Chis's admin account and can see who's a moderator in game.
    Alright, I dropped the ball and let it bounce... let's see what happens.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Even tho it was niven and overtime i enjoyed that game jeje.
    Also @Iron_Maiden about majority wanted to end it, did you noticed how many players started to kickvote you after you changed timer? That says a lot. Ppl wanted to play it

Even tho it was niven and overtime i enjoyed that game jeje.
    Also @Iron_Maiden about majority wanted to end it, did you noticed how many players started to kickvote you after you changed timer? That says a lot. Ppl wanted to play it
    Yes, 5 out 20 player, which is a minority.

Do you know how may asked me to end this over the course of those 5 to 6 hours? Did YOU count how many voted for another map and / or left, because the balancer didn’t trigger vote for all?

As a moderator you have to consider the needs and wishes of ALL player involved, not just the few disagreeing in 1 minute.

If you have 20 players at a certain moment, you will never have all of them agree. That’s why you have moderators who act by the rules and by the wishes of the majority.

I didn't care either way, I just tried my best based on what many people asked for in chat, PM and by vote. But I repeat myself here, read my first post again. Thoroughly this time.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    Yes, 5 out 20 player, which is a minority.
    If you wouldn't change timer back (i told that in chat if u noticed that) you would be kicked from server within a minute.
    Some people want to play this map, some not. Those who not can go to spec, thats it...
    If there would be really majority of players who wanted to end this, and they all would vote, then it would trigger map vote menu.....even tho i voted it too, there was only few map votes, which says that majority were busy playing rather than voting new map.

Niven = overtime. And there are only 2 ways this game will end. One of cores will die, or server will crash.
    Last edited by skaarj_dulog; 08-22-2016 at 11:37 AM.

If you wouldn't change timer back (i told that in chat if u noticed that) you would be kicked from server within a minute.
    Some people want to play this map, some not. Those who not can go to spec, thats it...
    If there would be really majority of players who wanted to end this, and they all would vote, then it would trigger map vote menu.....even tho i voted it too, there was only few map votes, which says that majority were busy playing rather than voting new map.

Niven = overtime. And there are only 2 ways this game will end. One of cores will die, or server will crash.
    Dude, read again:

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    Do you know how many asked me to end this over the course of those 5 to 6 hours? Did YOU count how many voted for another map and / or left, because the balancer didn’t trigger vote for all?
    This is a community – and not a group of a few ruling over the majority - consisting of more than just the 5 people disagreeing at that moment or that 20 people being in that game at a moment. There had been probably 60 - 80 people in that match over those 6 hours and many more wanted this to end than the few rejecting when I posted 3rd message in the white after asking twice before. Do you get that? I asked twices and NOBODY at that point rejected the suggestion.

Attachment 3233

So stop trying to make this look like that I did something that was not in the interest of the majority.
    Last edited by IronMaiden; 08-22-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Thread Information