User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iphone 7

If you are ready to spend hundreds of dollars, an iphone is not worth it. Yes their A10 fusion chip beats the shit out of everything. It has the highest multicore CPU score but their approach is stupid. Iphones are highly non customizable, you cant root it and have full access to your phones, remove unnecessary crap to optimize it.(Yes, they can be jailbroken but iOS is designed in such a way that it becomes shit once it is jailbroke). To transfer files you need to sync with iTunes (once again making your device handicapped). They are packed with a 1900mAh battery with no 1080p Display. Wtf is this? 2012? So many factors that against thr iphone but not saying its a bad phone. Their cameras are great, processor (as i mentioned earlier), iOS is very snappy as compared to android since it is written in Objective C as compared to android written in Java.

At the end it depends how you want to use your device but if it was me i'd go for a flagship android and save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Indeed when it comes to Android chinese brands can be great, but in some places you won't even find any tech support or service points.
    One thing that pisses me off about Apple is that they try to apply the same consumer protection laws here like they have in the US. If you buy an Apple product from their website, be prepared to argue with them and threaten them with lawyers if your Apple product should malfunction after 90 days have passed since you bought it.
    Our laws give us 5 years of warranty on electronic devices, but Apple likes to ignore that fact.
    That's why I never buy anything from them directly. I'd rather deal with one of the big re sellers, because they have excellent support. Bring it in, and they'll take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob88 View Post
    t's also stated in many other sites and opinions that s7 has the edge overall vs the iphone 7.
    That depends on what review sites your read :P
    Take The Verge's review as an example. They gave the Galaxy s7 an 8.8 and the s7 edge a 9.1, while the iPhone 7/7 Plus both got a 9.
    All are good phones, I'm sure, but if you prefer one OS over the other, then you have good alternatives on both sides.

@Banny
    iPhones doesn't ship with crapware. That would be Android, and in my experience (Samsung Galaxy s4), it had to be rooted to remove all the crapware that came preinstalled with it.
    It's been years since you've had to use iTunes to transfer files to your iPhone. There are a bunch of alternatives you can use now, such as airdrop (transfer between devices over an ad-hoc wifi connection), iCloud syncing (like dropbox between your computer and your iOS device) etc etc.
    What's the point of having a higher resolution display when your eyes can't differentiate the pixels after around 300 dpi at around 10" distance? All that does is drain the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    That would be Android, and in my experience (Samsung Galaxy s4), it had to be rooted to remove all the crapware that came preinstalled with it.
    It's upto OEMs whether they release their device with bloatware or not. Try stock android(on Nexus), it's buttery smooth.

It's been years since you've had to use iTunes to transfer files to your iPhone. There are a bunch of alternatives you can use now, such as airdrop (transfer between devices over an ad-hoc wifi connection), iCloud syncing (like dropbox between your computer and your iOS device) etc etc.
    Wi-fi sharing will be always slow and by slow i mean alot!! as compared to USB 3.0 or as of now USB Type C. I transfer Gigabytes of movies to my phone and If wi-fi sharing was the only option I'd probably not transfer.

What's the point of having a higher resolution display when your eyes can't differentiate the pixels after around 300 dpi at around 10" distance?
    Well idk about you but on large screen devices like on my nexus 6 I can differentiate between a 720p and 1080p video. Talking about display iPhone still uses the old IPS technology. Try an AMOLED display, you'll be mesmerized by the vibrant looks of it.

I agree completely with Banny, iphone isn't a bad phone. It's just BORING. There is absolutely no customization, and I know all of us from time to time like to tinker with our phones and change colors and themes and layouts. That's what I love about android. And the itunes thing is stupid, I can't stand that software, thats why i barely put music into my iphone, its not worth the hassle. The program itself is unnecessary and obsolete. I wouldn't even recommend an iphone to my most hated enemy.

Thread Information