User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Massively Revamped Old Map - Made New - For You

Hi folks,

I'll start by saying that if you're looking for a new map,.. you're in luck. I got bored last week and decided to work on an old map of mine, but this new version of it looks virtually NOTHING like its elder brother. This map has been extensively worked on and as a result I figured it MIGHT be welcomed by some of your hardcore UT99 instagib gamers who're sick of the old maps that you've played a million times. Ok, so my map's not anything particularly original or even special, but it's something new to play in and it's a little different, (in layout). It's still WIP,, but for now, I thought that it was at a stage in development which warranted its revealing to you.

So, without further ado,. here it is,..I present,.. W007.

01).

02).

03).

04).

05).

06).

07).

08).

09).

10).

11).

12).

13).

14).

15).

16).

17).

18).

I hope you enjoyed those shots; they've been quickly bundled together, for which I make no apology for - I'm shattered.

Whilst the map has areas I'm 50/50 about and will POSSIBLY later improve of my own accord, I'm open to reading your ideas and suggestions for improvements YOU want to see to help make the map better. If I think any ideas are warranted, I'll definitely look into them.
    I don't yet know when the map will be finished, but for now, it's ALMOST there - a quick test one afternoon and if that goes well, then you can have the map to run amok in. I hope it'll prove popular!

Peace, love, (and war), and LOTS of frags,.... me.

Oh, friendly word of warning - the map has an HD, custom space-box, (hi-res galaxy skybox),. and this (currently) makes the map almost 37Mb, so, if you're on a slow internet connection the download may prove too time consuming, however, as MOST of you here are, (I presume) on hi-speed internet, I suspect it won't be a problem.

This is awesome dude. I actually really want to play it

the map looks great and i hope the strong lights are not so strong as in the pictures because will hurt the eyes.As i saw the pictures the lights seems to be like when you drive the car in the night and one car comes from the front with the long beam and you see nothing in front of you.
    the rest look awesome,great job.

Quote Originally Posted by rasta-man View Post
    the map looks great and i hope the strong lights are not so strong as in the pictures because will hurt the eyes.As i saw the pictures the lights seems to be like when you drive the car in the night and one car comes from the front with the long beam and you see nothing in front of you.
    the rest look awesome,great job.
    He's actually got a point. Not gonna lie :^)

awsome job !!

there are a lot ppl around who reuild maps atm hehe looks nice with the HD textures <3 keep on dude !!

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Downloading shouldnt be an issue, our redirect is very stronk

Quote Originally Posted by SiL3nc3 View Post
    awsome job !!

there are a lot ppl around who reuild maps atm hehe looks nice with the HD textures <3 keep on dude !!
    Thanks! I've been hard at work on it this morning, realigning some of the brushes and have reduced the size of the coronas, (lens flares as they're sometimes incorrectly referred to). Now just getting some of the others features reworked. Back later with any updates if I feel they're worth posting. Thanks to you all for the love! <3

Oh, anyone got any ideas or suggestions to make the map better? I'll consider all of them.

you should join us on Teamspeak =) ways easier to talk about mapping and other stuff =) u can find it on the TS ssercion in Forum or just join the servers and type !TS .. or just join on @ts.unrealkillers.com

hope to see ya there soon =)

Hi, I'm one of the slow download internet user. lol.

Do the maps have botpathing in it?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

I'd LIKE to say they might

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Hi, I'm one of the slow download internet user. lol.

Do the maps have botpathing in it?
    I'd LIKE to say they might, (I have one, completed courtesy of a bot-pathing technician some years ago), BUT, this map is more of a visual and layout for me. I'm not really even going to be around for very long - the map was an old one that I wanted to improve, (and alter), because I was bored and felt creative, (again). I'm not feeling as much love for UT99 as I once did, such is the pity; it's an excellent creation and should be treated, (in my humble opinion) as an art form with a unique a style so as to be leaders in the art of game making. Epic.

Thread Information