User Tag List

Software Renderer Thread

Post problems / solutions / updates regarding software renderer. I'm looking for fixes for:

- Mines more invisible, blended in this renderer
    - Mouse error and crash in civilwar
    - Mouse changing speed during maps
    - Mouse speed is not the same depending on weapon, enforcer turns fast, sniper turns slow

What's wrong with using hardware ones like D3D9, OpenGL or any other? They're all infinitely better than software...
    Even integrated cards are able to run them, for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Janssen View Post
    - Mines more invisible, blended in this renderer
    If your complaint is more about the translucency of the mines however, a quick glance at the UnrealTournament.ini shows that you have a FastTranslucency=True setting, so you can try to set it to False perhaps and see if it makes any difference.

Having that said however, the software renderer has a severe Z-buffering problem, meaning that it in certain situations it will render the meshes on top of everything else, including other meshes, when they are too close to one another or to close to to a BSP surface (such as floor, ceiling, wall, etc), which cannot really be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Janssen View Post
    - Mouse error and crash in civilwar
    - Mouse changing speed during maps
    - Mouse speed is not the same depending on weapon, enforcer turns fast, sniper turns slow
    Not necessarily anything to do with the renderer itself, unless you say that with others the same doesn't happen.
    More recent versions of Windows mess with your mouse acceleration, so the first thing to do here is to simply ensure that the game is using direct input (in Input settings I think).

Next, it's all about limiting the frame rate on your end (which I am unsure if it's even possible in a software renderer, there doesn't seem to be a setting for it though) or/and applying a multi-core fix.

Quote Originally Posted by nogardilaref View Post
    What's wrong with using hardware ones like D3D9, OpenGL or any other? They're all infinitely better than software...
    Much worse for me because software = best visuals. Colors are fluorescent with a drawn look.

Quote Originally Posted by nogardilaref View Post
    so the first thing to do here is to simply ensure that the game is using direct input (in Input settings I think).
    I tested it and it worked, i don't know why. I've played with mouse settings over and over again before. I'll look for co-factors to see if something else affects this or disables this setting.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Didn't hold. Came back to play and no matter what i did with directinput, it didn't come back at all. Solutions that work with other renderers won'T work here.

Update 2: Found a launcher that solves the mouse problem: http://bunnytrack.net/assets/Launch-...ent436-1.0.zip

Description here http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/
    "Now features affecting the end user include the resolution and audio subsystem selection dialogues, fixes for game running at a non constant speed and disabling DEP."

Update 3: Altho it holds for entire games now, i get Ace kicks which i didn't get before. I did overwrite the launch.ini that came with it with the unrrealtournament.ini so the netspeed should be ok. Does this need whitelisting for Ace? Altho the error is a timeout... should be a client-side issue.

[Acev08h] You have been kicked from the server because of a timeout during the checks.

Update 4: Ace kick is client speed issue as usual. The launcher starts game too slow, CTRl+ALT+DEL, select launcher.exe, set affinity -> All cores, priority -> RealTime, netspeed 20000, works fine now.
    Last edited by Janssen; 10-29-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Thread Information