User Tag List

How to cope with work and make the day go by faster.

I wanted to share my story with you guys because it helped change my life at work and helped in my workplace environment.

I've been working at my job for 5 years now. And during the second year I got bored, stressed, anxiety.. I just wanted to go home and for the day to end, my job is easy and all I just didnt want to be there. I mean c'mon who likes work right? Overtime I realized doing little things can improve your mood at work and help the day go by faster. Always eat before you go to work and pack a lunch, not only is it good for your body, but you need energy to keep going throughout the day and it keeps your mood elevated throughout the day, you also have something to look forward to when it's lunchtime if you packed or are buying a good lunch. Stay hydrated, going long periods without fluid or speaking will cause your mouth to go dry and in turn harbor bad breath, which is never good for you at the workplace, you also need the energy and a clear refreshed mind. This next tip is very important for time consumption, make sure you are actually working, the harder and more focus you put into your work the faster time will seem to pass by, it keeps your mind busy and distracts the anxiety. If you're just loafting around and trying to pass time it will never work, you will be bored and time will seem to move a lot slower. Always think positive, don't get into fights at your workplace and mind your own business, the more unwanted thoughts and negative energy you have stored up will only cause more stress and anxiety for you, be friendly with your co workers and show a good face, it will make them happy and pass along good vibes to others. And last but not least, I take some gum and candy/mints with me, I noticed if I'm bored I pop one into my mouth and it keeps me busy for a bit plus it makes me happier. So remember folks for most of us work is mandatory, so try to get by each day feeling good.

If you have any tips for me or others feel free to add, I'm always looking for new ways to beat hard days at work. Hope some of you try this and may it help you in some way.

I couldn't agree more with what you already said, for me the most important part when it comes to passing time is concentrating on the actual work and doing it as best as I possibly can, also being generally helpful or just helping others if there are such people in your company does the trick xD and lastly looking at the watch/clock often is your worst enemy.

For those of you who can browse some net at work (just here and there a little) also helps to pass the time, luckily I work only 5h per day xD so in my case it's not that hard
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

The best advice I can give is to find work that you love to do. People spend too much of their time doing work that they hate just to make a living, and that's no way to live. If you're unhappy with your job, keeping doing it if you have to, but you should always be looking for something that you know you'll love doing for most of your life (or at least the next few years). When you find a job that you love doing, it no longer feels like a job. It just becomes something that you love to do which just so happens to pay the bills, and you'll find that time actually starts to go by pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    The best advice I can give is to find work that you love to do. People spend too much of their time doing work that they hate just to make a living, and that's no way to live. If you're unhappy with your job, keeping doing it if you have to, but you should always be looking for something that you know you'll love doing for most of your life (or at least the next few years). When you find a job that you love doing, it no longer feels like a job. It just becomes something that you love to do which just so happens to pay the bills, and you'll find that time actually starts to go by pretty quick.
    Very true. And this is told all the time in school. Although sadly not everyone gets to do or find a job they love or have that oppertunity.

Thread Information