User Tag List

Banned by seabass

WTF???? Banned by seabass for backshooting????? What the hell does this rule even mean???? I understand it as if I'm playing I shouldn't shoot someone when I see their back? Even if they're carrying my teams' flag?? After doing 10-15 normal shots I MAY have shot 2-3 times someone in the back and side... I would agree with this rightfully earned ban if I was camping somewhere, not moving and deliberately shooting everyone... But that was not the case. For future improvements I would suggest to ban dodging enemy shots.
    Last edited by Velns; 12-26-2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Needed

It means you have shot someone who is not only running the opposite way, but also are not showing any interest in you. If you shoot them in the back when it is this situation, then it is backshooting.

You should ask a little calmer when caught in a ban, being hostile really doesn't improve your chances of leniency. I do not know the score but I am sure seabass can be a little more specific when he reads this.

Hey @Velns

I showed you the rules twice in a match a while ago and banned you the following match I spectated you because of backshooting (I have a clip of what happened when I decided to ban you if you'd like to see it). When we were playing on Liandri, I think you were switched to the enemy team and the first thing I noticed was a backshot from you. A little bit later you chased me back to your base for no reason, and that's why you were banned.

You are allowed to do whatever it takes if you're covering your flag carrier or trying to get your flag back, but when there's no flags nearby and you've passed an enemy player after you've left your base, you can't turn around and/or run after them while trying to shoot them in the back.
    Here are the server's rules: http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...INSTAGIB-RULES

If you can agree to follow these rules, I'll lift your ban.

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    Hey @Velns

I showed you the rules twice in a match a while ago and banned you the following match I spectated you because of backshooting (I have a clip of what happened when I decided to ban you if you'd like to see it). When we were playing on Liandri, I think you were switched to the enemy team and the first thing I noticed was a backshot from you. A little bit later you chased me back to your base for no reason, and that's why you were banned.

You are allowed to do whatever it takes if you're covering your flag carrier or trying to get your flag back, but when there's no flags nearby and you've passed an enemy player after you've left your base, you can't turn around and/or run after them while trying to shoot them in the back.
    Here are the server's rules: http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...INSTAGIB-RULES

If you can agree to follow these rules, I'll lift your ban.
    Sometimes I do not notice teamchanges. I think it is unfair to not shoot enemy even though he doesn't show interest in you. What is that all about??? Enemy is enemy, enemy has to be shot, no ? If I were following you I do not recall that, I do not look and take interest in anyone If I'm following them, or IF I'm shooting them I take notice only on who's on my crosshair. Wether it's you, wether it's someone else, whether it's enemies' back, wether it's head I DO NOT CARE. I am now 26 yrs old. I played UT since 12 to 17 yrs old. Never have seen this kind of rules...

- - - Updated - - -

I agree to follow the rules even though I strongly disagree with that point. Which is kind of ridiculous in maps like Liandri, w00t, abreez.... Because positioning there is very tricky and is difficult to appropriately judge whether backshooting occured deliberately or not.

You don't have to agree with the rules, but we ask that you follow them.
    As is discussed in the rules thread, there are maps where those rules do not apply. Maps like w00t, Denise, etc (chaos maps) where you see the enemy base and all of its spawn points from your base are examples of those. Camping and staying in your base defending is not allowed on those maps.

I've lifted the ban. You should be able to join next time the server changes map.

why backshoot ? then you need too kill them again and its getting harder for you too get the flag out cos they will hunt you down in one or two ways . backshooting are so dumb .

Thread Information