User Tag List

Appeal for my ban

Name: aka. Oblivous
    Server: Instagib US
    Map: Urban Joust
    Banned by: Nordog

Reason: laming.

Appeal reason:
    For this kind of map is just one way reversed mapped, meaning you are required to enter enemy based to cap the flag and enemy pick your flag at same place.
    I have been banned when I reached enemy based to prevent enemy from keep pick up our flag and defend my flag carrier who also has reached the enemy based to cap.

So what are you expected me to do once I reached such a small and narrowed enemy based with flag carrier and enemies are spawning around closely?
    1. Kill enemies and don't let them pick up flag such that our flag carrier to cap?
    2. Let enemy kill me?
    3. run back to my based?

Doing 1) make me banned. 2) and 3) doesn't make any sense at all.
    I didn't backshoot anyone going out. I admit I did one or two spawnkilled but not really intention to do spawnkilled as it is pretty chaos in such a small corridor there.
    I think it should be exceptional case for Joust map.

I often play normally all the times and not a player who want to fck around. Anyway, it is your rule and I give my appeal. Please also let me know the ban period if banned remained.

Thanks and regards,

You kept running to Our base, and then went for the corner to stand there trying to spawnkill.
    #1 you make no use for Your team standing there spawncamping
    #2 its against the rules, its even written on server.
    #3 you have had several chances, are you ever gonna stop turning around chasing People? ( Ive warned you about that plenty of times ).
    You now walk right into Our base every time you spawn With the intent to spawnkill. Yes you didnt do it much, cause you died to early, but it clearly was evident that was Your intention.
    I have tried several times in the past to talk to you, telling you what not to do, just to get insults trown back at me. I have also banned you a few times for this aswell, and so has other mods.
    Now i had to do this to get Your attention :
    Will you start to follow the rules? Or will you try to fuck around when you think no mods are around? By the way ii actually used my real nick tooday, quite ballsy of you to try and pull this off when you know i will ban you for it.

Sorry that I didn't recall you had warn me on Joust at all and this is the only map I played today. I didn't see any warning popup or any Big letter message in the middle of the screen.
    If you do put in the chat message, I apologies for not paying attention to that place.

For this map, I thought it is designed for player to go straight to the opposite base as far as possible to stop enemy keep picking up flag and let flag carrier reach the base to cap. If I am wrong about this map please tell me or I would suggest to remove this kind of spamming map at all to avoid people get banned cause by the game play of the map design.

Anyway, you are an elite player that I know of in this server. Please teach me the correct way to play on this kind map if I am not the flag carrier and I will follow your suggestion and stick to the rules.

BTW, Maybe you wrongly mixed up other player with me which you had banned few times in the past. I only been banned by Scream for backshooting once long time ago and I did follow the rules all along after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
    Sorry that I didn't recall you had warn me on Joust at all and this is the only map I played today. I didn't see any warning popup or any Big letter message in the middle of the screen.
    If you do put in the chat message, I apologies for not paying attention to that place.

For this map, I thought it is designed for player to go straight to the opposite base as far as possible to stop enemy keep picking up flag and let flag carrier reach the base to cap. If I am wrong about this map please tell me or I would suggest to remove this kind of spamming map at all to avoid people get banned cause by the game play of the map design.

Anyway, you are an elite player that I know of in this server. Please teach me the correct way to play on this kind map if I am not the flag carrier and I will follow your suggestion and stick to the rules.

BTW, Maybe you wrongly mixed up other player with me which you had banned few times in the past. I only been banned by Scream for backshooting once long time ago and I did follow the rules all along after that.
    You are the real oblivious right?
    A canadian player with that name has been banned by me before. And told many times to stop that. Spawncamping like you did is a big NO . I appriciate the appeal you made, and that you want to adjust without arguing. The ban i did was a summarium of past experiences with you. So i could get a real chat about the situation. Now i will remove the ban, but there is a post on the rules at the forum, that i want you to read. Also suicide is a decent option if you are on the wrong spots on the map. If you dont have it binded go to your ini and add for example
    X=suicide

Thread Information