[WIP] UTManager (node.js)

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[WIP] UTManager (node.js)

I've been making a little tool for UT the last few hours, what it does is look for all screenshots, and demos files in the UT system directory, then move them into their own folders, each day gets a new folder, for easy managment.

You can download it here: https://github.com/scottadkin/SJA-UT...ases/tag/v0.4a (UPDATED to v0.4a 21/02/17)

Examples of what it does:

- Both:
    ---- If the tool directories don't exist, then it will create the directories below,
    ---- Creates a folder called "SJA UTManager" in the UT system directory,
    ---- Creates a folder called "Screenshots" in the SJA UTManager directory,
    ---- Creates a folder called "Demos" in the SJA UTManager directory.

- Demos:
    ---- Finds test.dem (Created 12.12.17 18:23)
    ---- Creates a directory called 2017-12-12 in the directory SJA UTManager/Demos, if it doesn't already exist,
    ---- Makes a copy of test.dem and place it in the directory SJA UTManager/Demos/2017-12-12/,
    ---- Deletes the original file in the system directory.

- Screenshots:
    ---- Finds Shot0001.bmp (created 01.07.09 12:37),
    ---- Creates a directory called 2009-07-01, if it doesn't already exist,
    ---- Makes a copy of Shot0001.bmp and moves it to the directory SJA UTManager/Screenshots/2009-07-01/
    ---- Deletes Shot0001.bmp from the system directory.

Notice:
    If the demo file size is 0 bytes, it will be ignored because UT is recording data to it.

Screenshots:

I will most likely add a cache converter as well.

How to use

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar_Jodha View Post
    How does it work? I've put all the files in my system folder, nothing is happening .

You need to install node.js for it to work:
    https://nodejs.org/en/

Then you can either run "run.bat".
    If you use this method the app will automatically close once completed.

Or do this to make it run:

Code:
    Type cmd in the directory url, to open command prompt:

Code:
    Then type node SJA-UTManager.js to make it run:

I made a 1 minute script last night, so you can have more than 1 taunt per key, that is randomized like in the overwatch voice lines( Hello, Hi, Hey, Howdy), I did it with "say word", I will make it do it with the UT voice lines as well.

Cache converter almost done:

I see you're using VSCode... heard good things about it but I haven't tried it yet. Apparently it's built with web tech (Node.js + Electron) like Atom, but it's actually fast/efficient (unlike Atom). I tried Atom once and immediately didn't like it lol. Do you notice any input lag with VSCode at all? And how instant is searching through all open files/directories (Sublime is almost instant)? If not, then I guess the only thing preventing me from trying it is configurability + whether or not its support for next-generation JavaScript + CSS modules is as good as Sublime's.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    I see you're using VSCode... heard good things about it but I haven't tried it yet. Apparently it's built with web tech (Node.js + Electron) like Atom, but it's actually fast/efficient (unlike Atom). I tried Atom once and immediately didn't like it lol. Do you notice any input lag with VSCode at all? And how instant is searching through all open files/directories (Sublime is almost instant)? If not, then I guess the only thing preventing me from trying it is configurability + whether or not its support for next-generation JavaScript + CSS modules is as good as Sublime's.
    No input lag whatsoever, not had any pauses or delays with anything with it, it's like a super charged version of visual studio.

you guys are really good at programming :S

is there gonna be a "npm" command for the utmanager? i'm still kinda lost with node.js lol
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

Quote Originally Posted by LordRixuel View Post
    you guys are really good at programming :S

is there gonna be a "npm" command for the utmanager? i'm still kinda lost with node.js lol
    No, it's just vanilla node.js.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRixuel View Post
    i'm still kinda lost with node.js lol
    You and I both lol.
    If you're starting with JS today, there's just a confusing smorgasbord of tools you'll need to get familiar with before you get to the good stuff, and that's not even counting the weird quirks of the JS language itself.
    But I guess I'll have to learn it eventually, because that's where so much is happening these days.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    You and I both lol.
    If you're starting with JS today, there's just a confusing smorgasbord of tools you'll need to get familiar with before you get to the good stuff, and that's not even counting the weird quirks of the JS language itself.
    But I guess I'll have to learn it eventually, because that's where so much is happening these days.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    JS for web programming is fun, but when node.js is involved, me = x_x lol
    if you are installing libraries with node.js, sometime the crazy node_module folder can reach over 500 MB o_o

Part of the fun of Node.js is finding the best modules to install and piece together for whatever you're building. I'd be glad to walk some folks through what I consider to be the optimal setup, but it kinda depends on what you want to build.

The pro is you dont have to re-invent the wheel, but only problem is when you npm install, it takes forever to wait lol

Part of the fun of Node.js is finding the best modules to install and piece together for whatever you're building.
    It reminds me of Java libraries lol

Thread Information