User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTF happened to whatsapp??

Guys what are your thoughts on the new whatsapp update?

I absolutely hate it. I don't even feel like using it anymore. I can't find my contacts cause there is no contacts list button, you have to click on the new chat button to see the contact list, and its small as hell and basic.. The other problem is that there is no more status options so you can't write your status, I had a lot of contacts who had statuses and I had important statuses, now they're all gone... And what the hell is up with the story option, who the heck is gonna use that when Snapchat does it 10x better? Whatsapp is a messenger app not a FB/Snapchat/Instagram all in one copy. This is how the death of an app happens, when they think its smart to make unnecessary changes that annoy users. The same thing happened with MSN messenger, they killed it and tried to make it fuse with Skype, now Skype is dead and MSN is dead, and using MSN used to be the highlight of my teenage years with the best memories. /rant

I didn't even realize until you said anything lol

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    I didn't even realize until you said anything lol
    Do you like the new changes?

It is stupid. We have Instagram and snapchat for these things. Why complicate a simple messaging app?

Agree. It's dumb.

havent updated yet xD and i think i wont do it xD

...or you could stop hopping from network to network when you start to hate how cruddy and bloated they always become, and just add the networks to 1 multi-client program (which you can enable/disable at will)
    Miranda-NG (Windows) and Pidgin (Windows & Linux) both have a large collection of protocols and addons, and with many more 3rd party plugins to be found in Github etc. you can usually find something you need.

http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php...lugin:WhatsApp
    https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ThirdPartyPlugins

Why pick 1 chat network when you can use any with a customisable interface and a plethora of addons including OTR/PGP encryption ?
    You can stay logged into Skype, MSN (yes it still works with a newer protocol), Steam, Discord, Whatsapp, FB, Google, Twitter, IRC and your email, with 1 program that is probably smaller than the one you are using now for 1 network.

The closest you will get for mobile devices is Trillian, but they have not added any new networks for many years, so you won't get as much use from it (still better than having real Hangouts and FB messenger killing your battery).

Quote Originally Posted by Banny View Post
    It is stupid. We have Instagram and snapchat for these things. Why complicate a simple messaging app?
    yeah i agree..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Flay View Post
    ...or you could stop hopping from network to network when you start to hate how cruddy and bloated they always become, and just add the networks to 1 multi-client program (which you can enable/disable at will)
    Miranda-NG (Windows) and Pidgin (Windows & Linux) both have a large collection of protocols and addons, and with many more 3rd party plugins to be found in Github etc. you can usually find something you need.

http://wiki.miranda-ng.org/index.php...lugin:WhatsApp
    https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ThirdPartyPlugins

Why pick 1 chat network when you can use any with a customisable interface and a plethora of addons including OTR/PGP encryption ?
    You can stay logged into Skype, MSN (yes it still works with a newer protocol), Steam, Discord, Whatsapp, FB, Google, Twitter, IRC and your email, with 1 program that is probably smaller than the one you are using now for 1 network.

The closest you will get for mobile devices is Trillian, but they have not added any new networks for many years, so you won't get as much use from it (still better than having real Hangouts and FB messenger killing your battery).
    Why would anyone want to download clients to run different apps on a mobile device. I'm not downloading Miranda or trillium to add a social media plugin to it, because when you use it, it won't be the same as using the original app. Do you think by installing miranda and adding whatsapp to it, will it make me now have a status to show? No it won't and if it did my contacts using whatsapp on their mobile device wouldn't be able to see it because that option is now gone. Each app developed is designed to run the app optimally, whatsapp for whatsapp, snapchat for snapchat, thats the way it was made, especially for smartphones.

I can see your idea working for the user who has multiple chat only accounts and IM and emails connected with one client. This would be more beneficial to a person who has multiple emails and doesn't have time to check and login to other platforms. But this is not for someone who has only a snapchat account, and a whatsapp account.

Now that you mention this...

Is there an uK Clan Whatsapp group ? would be nice to troll people from work... (I really miss everyone tbh :P)
    "Tactical Suicide!"

Thread Information