User Tag List

Ban first, ask questions later

@Kumar_Jodha can apparently dish out stacking teams in his favor, but he can't take it when someone switches to try and even them out in a non-serious 3-person match. (Seriously, iocx alone with a stick base vs me and Kumar with a full base?)

I can't take offense at the ban, it's your server, but I am definitely disappointed that this is the conclusion you reached.

Who are you aiming this at?

The ban was done by @|uK|fleecey.

Alright, so done crying. I've had some time to cool down and think this over.

We've probably had this discussion a couple times before, so this is the last time I'll say it: I think it should be allowed to switch teams so long as you can prove you were doing so to help unstack a game or the game would have no impact on long-term stats (e.g. fewer than six players). While these were the circumstances under which I believe I switched during the game for which I was reported, I don't have a demo and I'm almost certain the screenshots provided don't give any context, so these changes to the rules wouldn't get me unbanned even if it were grandfathered in.

That's fine with me, because I think it needed to be illustrated: This rule doesn't necessarily increase the quality of gameplay and may in fact harm it. What say you?

I gave the ban long so you could come here and explain. Also others been banned for same thing as you. When a team die, you type !P and not what colour you want to be in. Ban will be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    I gave the ban long so you could come here and explain. Also others been banned for same thing as you. When a team die, you type !P and not what colour you want to be in. Ban will be removed.
    Thank you. I'll use !p from this point forward to switch teams for balancing purposes. Is that acceptable?

- - - Updated - - -

(Full context: Clarion IV. Red team was already dead when I joined. Game was then a 2v2. Blue gets nearly squished by me and Kumar and one teammate leaves, so I switch to blue to continue the fight and give iocx a bit of a fighting chance.)

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Really dont see anything wrong with genuine attempts at trying to balance the play when there is so few players online.

But in games where circumstances are different i.e. more players maxeď server fully built bases etc and the game in full swing would be a different scenario altogether, its harder to predict if it needs balancing simply because each team has its own phases of map control...

Thread Information