User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Computer won't turn on anymore :/

My computer won't turn on anymore, I tried to it turn on, but then it shut downs after a few seconds.
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

TRy to check the RAM it fails sometimes maybe a ram memory its broken, try that.
    Ashes of the rising phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by LordRixuel View Post
    My computer won't turn on anymore, I tried to it turn on, but then it shut downs after a few seconds.
    Sounds like the psu to me. Or something shorting it. Have you recently taken it apart before this started to happen? How long has it been since you cleaned the pc? How old is the pc?

Ram can go loose over time. Especially if it overheats.
    Fierd_0/Doppelganger/Donutdan

Bought my PC back in 2014, before Windows 10 release.

I cleaned it like a few weeks ago.

It's hard to know what is the cause. I also suspect the power supply too, but when i plug the cord, there is a green light from my psu. (the light simply means that the psu is plugged)

I'm gonna try a new psu, but if its not a psu, then it's really ram problem? what if its not both?
    Last edited by LordRixuel; 05-08-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Any noises or beeps

Bought my PC back in 2014, before Windows 10 release.

I cleaned it like a few weeks ago.

It's hard to know what is the cause. I also suspect the power supply too, but when i plug the cord, there is a green light from my psu. (the light simply means that the psu is plugged)

I'm gonna try a new psu, but if its not a psu, then it's really ram problem? what if its not both?
    When it turns on and then shuts off like that it is a good indication that for one reason or another there is power running from the wall to the psu, but the power coming from the psu is not enough to keep the whole system powered. Psus lose their efficiency over time like a 750 watt psu after 10 years might only pump out 500 watts max (just random numbers i dont know the actual calculations). However, for a pc that was bought/built in 2014, I highly doubt it is the psu just getting old. Sam makes a good point asking about any beeps or new noises. Have you had any issues since you cleaned the pc? What parts did you take out and put back in (if any)? If there isnt enough ram for the system most mobos will beep. You cant miss it.

A mobo dying or damaged can also be the case. Power may be running to your psu, but when it hits the mobo the energy is lost due to a damaged mobo or chip set. Honestly, it is hard to diagnosis these pc problems. Have you ever breadboxed a system before? It is pretty simple, and it could narrow down the possibilities of what part is causing the problem.

I had a pc i put back together after cleaning that had the same problem as yours because i forgot to mount the mobo and just screwed it into the back of the pc. This caused the mobo to lose all electricity once the power hit it from the psu. So it could be a big thing or a random small thing is my point.
    Last edited by BiGbOsS; 05-09-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    Fierd_0/Doppelganger/Donutdan

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Any noises or beeps
    No beeps, no noises. Just normal fan noises.

My Ram is 8 GB, both sticks of 4 GB.

When I was cleaning, I cleaned the fans and took out the dust with the compressed air can. I also remove the cpu cooler fan recently to remove the dust.

I also had CPU temperature problem too and I applied a new thermal paste but it looks inefficient because I don't see any difference :/

Guess I've no choice to bring my comp to repair. Can't repair by myself :S

But you need to isolate the cause before you repair it.

How long does it stay on for? @BiGbOsS is on the right tracks.

No beeps, no noises. Just normal fan

When I was cleaning, I cleaned the fans and took out the dust with the compressed air can. I also remove the cpu cooler fan recently to remove the dust.

I also had CPU temperature problem too and I applied a new thermal paste but it looks inefficient because I don't see any difference :/

Guess I've no choice to bring my comp to repair. Can't repair by myself :S
    If you havent already, I would at least open up your pc and do a few things:

Take out and put the ram back in.

Go over all the plugs for the fans, from the psu to the mobo, and any plugs for the graphics cards or dvd readers, hdds, etc. any of those lottle plugs that plug into your motherboard. Make sure they are all on all the way.

Now you say you have a cpu over heating. Interesting. Is the fan that is on the cpu plugged in correctly? Are all of the fans including the one on your cpu actually running when you try to run the pc? Turn on the pc with it exposed on the side so youcan see everything. When it turns on for a second do all of the fans turn on? Are any cords blocking the fans from rotating? You did say you removed and put back the cpu fan.

I THINK (it has been a while since Ive diagnoised a pc problem) a pc will power on and instant shut off like yours if it is overheating. What is weird is that you said it has been working for a few weeks since you cleaned it. Thermal paste shoudnt run bad that quickly. I agree with Sam that you should try to isolate the problem as much as possible before you take it in for repair. It can be frustrating, but this could posiibly be a simple problem.

What about taking out all additional stuff like graphics card, sound card etc. Use onboard VGA, sound etc only and move forward from there.

The RAM I would suggest you run on one module only to rule out a faulty module.

You can buy a multi meter and check the PSU output to rule out a faulty PSU. Assuming it's not psu you would then pretty much be pointing at the motherboard.

Narrow the issue down otherwise you risk, A) a moron overcharging you to misdiagnose your computer and B) you find yourself on a merry go round carrying out unecessary repairs due to incorrect diagnostic.
    Last edited by SAM; 05-09-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Thread Information