Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    @medor you have the files?
    What kernel32 ?
    ace kick ? http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir...Ekickfiles.zip

@uranus did the above work?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    @uranus did the above work?
    I dl'd but haven't tried it yet. Medor's package contains BotPack.u, Engine.dll, IpDrv.dll, UMenu.u, UnrealShare.u, and UTMenu.u. These weren't mentioned in the ACE kick message but I'll just throw them in (after bakup) to see what happens.

It might be worth uploading the file in question too. Might help. I'll do that tomorrow or Thursday.

Here's my kernel32.dll
    http://www.filedropper.com/kernel32_1

p.s. Medor's files didn't help
    Last edited by uranus; 06-07-2017 at 10:05 AM.

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...=30016&page=43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragostini View Post
    Hi. I've been trying to connect to various Servers running ACE 0.8 and EVERY time, I get booted saying that my /System/MSVCRT.DLL is corrupt, and to download a patch from the unrealadmins download page.

I'm patched already to 436. What gives?

Running Linux Mint 15 MATE using WINE to play.

I've tried downloading various copies of the .DLL file; And still no dice...
    try deleting the file from your system folder. Wine should come with a version of that dll itself.

I'm going to try the "fixed" native installer mentioned a few posts down in that thread, although I think I may have done this already with bad results. As I recall, one big issue was the ".run" file format. Maybe I'll try a dedicated install of a really old version of Debian or Ubuntu just to get all the files out of the run file. That will be a project.

I think Anthrax's suggestion to delete the file refers to the .dll files that Dragostini downloaded. I'm using the file that came with wine. I did try a kernel32.dll copied over from Win7 but it was wonky so I deleted it. However, I'm considering uninstalling wine and reinstalling if the native doesn't work.

Couldn't even figure out how to install wine. Anyone successfully get UT99 running on Tails?

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Couldn't even figure out how to install wine. Anyone successfully get UT99 running on Tails?
    I haven't tried Tails but it's based on Debian so...
    Code:
    $apt-cache search wine
    ?
    But I kind of doubt it's in the repository since Tails' goal is high anonymity using programs that are unfettered by proprietary programs or otherwise using closed source or restrictive licenses. Wine allows you to run Window$ programs which are most often exactly that. You might be able to compile wine yourself from source. You'll need the base-devel, etc. package(s). You'll possibly run into a wall having to build other packages from source as well. It's probably more feasible to start with a plain Debian install... maybe even Debian "unstable" Sid.

I haven't tried this but I did find http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...l=1#post101183 which would be a "native" install with no need for wine.
    Last edited by uranus; 06-20-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Thread Information