User Tag List

warp teles - seeing destination

ok so i can make teles that let u see where u are goin before u go there i can even line them up so that you can shoot rockets through them just the right way and they keep goin till they run out of gas- my prob is i cant seem to make the teke bigger than 256x256 and still retain the visual effect of being able to see where you are going to tele to. any suggestions?

dude...epic. I have no idea on how to script but thats a great idea. was talkin about that the other day

"Boom, Headshot!" - FPS_Doug
    Siege Strategy Guide Available at: http://www.mediafire.com/?auf58ax6vhbu5ry

Can you explain what you're trying to do? And which gametype this is for

the gametype is for reg weaps. i am trying to create 2 different teles which when approached by the player each tele shows where the player will be teleported too. i can do it if i size the box holding the tele to no larger than 256x256. i am trying to make them larger, 256x768. its hard to explain.... anyone who really thinks they can help make this happ could go here- 68.232.164.12:7777 and hit the M key to open mapvote, then vote for DM-clanX-boZiareLoads its a VERY small map. there are 2 sky textures in it as of now and i want them to be teleporters that show where they go- this would create an insane hall of mirrors effect and i am not sure it can be done....

Are you talking about maps with the WarpZones? there not easy but it allows you to conjoin 2 distant parts of space and make it appear as they are connected things to know about it is hitscan weapons wont work thru it only projectiles and lighting wont work either in other words a shadow cannot be casted from one zone to another.

Pretty cool stuff in mapping but hard to utilize really its tough.

Oh BTW SPAM VICTORY!

I think that being able to fire projectiles through a tele is a great idea though, and would make a huge difference in maps like simplex (I said LIKE, I know it can't be done without remaking the map) with a main base entrance being a teleporter. We'd have to come up with a new way to defend the sb...like placing a platform on the floor under the tele to take all the damage.
    Give this to SAM when you figure it out. and WildCard would be a good person to talk to about this...or FeraliDragon.

"Boom, Headshot!" - FPS_Doug
    Siege Strategy Guide Available at: http://www.mediafire.com/?auf58ax6vhbu5ry

yes i am talking about warpzones- i have them working fine using 256x256 brushes but if i go over 256 the visual effect goes away, though the teleport function still works. i am trying to create the 2 warpzones at 265x768 and it just wont work as far as seeing through the portal goes, to the other side

Follow my advice, forget about warp zones:
    - they crash maps
    - they won't work properlly online (you won't be able to see people on the other side nor anything that happens there)
    - hitscan weapons won't work
    - their own construction do not always work (it just takes a slightly different BSP cut for it to not work at all, plus the dimensions of the warp zone have to be exactly the same in one side and on the other)
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 07-06-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Didn't read the topic properlly the first time, I thought he wanted to implement something else....

great. well u saved me some time then, thank you.

Thread Information