User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned for 3 games for unknown reason then changed to 44 for backshooting?

Please remove the ban as I don't backshoot and I don't have a history of backshooting so I feel this ban is suspicious and unwarranted, thanks.

FYI, the suspicious part is that it was 3 games for "unknown reason" then later when I tried logging in it was 44 for backshooting that is the suspicious part and I wasn't backshooting prior to getting banned, I was moving forward when it happened.

go forward and dont look back that works better , dunno who banned you , havent checked

Thanks scream, I try not to backshoot, there are some games like Control where I do side shots and some are angled and then there are levels where you end up on enemy side and sometimes shoot back at spawning enemies who see you and shoot at you.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    It was bleak. You did backshoot and unfortunately for you it was me that you backshot. You clearly must have not known because I was using the nick "TIRED." You were on your side of lift just in front of your base looking to liftjump to your high? Or continue on to mid where I happened to pass you on the lift dodging past you to use the lift to jump onto your high and before I could do that you decided to turn around and shoot. Note that no flags were taken at this point. I'm sick of you blindly appealing you dont backshoot when you clearly do when you think the coast is clear and no admins or mods are around to punish you for it. You werent the only person banned from your team on that game either.

Don't backshoot please. It's annoying and very contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteverga View Post
    Please remove the ban as I don't backshoot and I don't have a history of backshooting so I feel this ban is suspicious and unwarranted, thanks.

FYI, the suspicious part is that it was 3 games for "unknown reason" then later when I tried logging in it was 44 for backshooting that is the suspicious part and I wasn't backshooting prior to getting banned, I was moving forward when it happened.
    lol 3 games? Go take a walk. 3 games is nothing!
    I Didn't 'Make' NIVEN, I Just Made It Last Forever.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    As expected no reply after getting told exactly how it is

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    It was bleak. You did backshoot and unfortunately for you it was me that you backshot. You clearly must have not known because I was using the nick "TIRED." You were on your side of lift just in front of your base looking to liftjump to your high? Or continue on to mid where I happened to pass you on the lift dodging past you to use the lift to jump onto your high and before I could do that you decided to turn around and shoot. Note that no flags were taken at this point. I'm sick of you blindly appealing you dont backshoot when you clearly do when you think the coast is clear and no admins or mods are around to punish you for it. You werent the only person banned from your team on that game either.
    So I take it were not supposed to shoot back at lurkers at our base but from what I see everyone does that. When I say backshoot I mean when someone passes you and intentionally turns around and shoots you.

I'm certainly not involved in this incident. Nor am I questioning your judgement on the administration of this or any other ban issues. I'm just a player who has enjoyed playing on your servers, mostly Combogib. I visit this forum from time to time and have gleaned most of the rules and conduct that's expect from us as players but I don't think I have a clear picture on the concept of "backshooting". Can you please enlighten me on what exactly "backshooting" is considered to be? I've always interpreted it as shooting people in the back when there's not an active flag run in play or what some people do on W00t maps, picking people off when they re-spawn, from behind on the flag ledge. I've never considered it to be turning around to shoot someone that is or might potentially be trying to shoot me in the back.

"[UK] & [US] INSTAGIB RULES
    Rules and Guideline to play on uK's Instagib CTF servers. [Public]

No excessive back shooting or chasing • The reason I use excessive is because back shooting and chasing will happen regardless but if neither flag is taken why are you backshooting or chasing? The only reason you should be doing either or is to cover the flag or killing a flagcarrier or a player covering a flag I understand sometimes you don't do it on purpose it's a reaction shot or twitch/reflex) (This rule will be changed at some point or another more examples added.)"
    Last edited by Rahuah; 08-22-2017 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Added copy of rule

lol, backshooting is basicly what it means, also when you move forward to get the flag and pass your enemies (who failed to shoot you just like you did), you don't turn back/round because they might shoot you in the back, you simply continue to move forward
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Thread Information