Banned by unnamed player for "taunting"?

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned by unnamed player for "taunting"?

Someone banned me for 500 matches giving the reason "dickhead stop taunting"
    At most I voice "ha ha ha" when someone hits me and even then it is rarely...
    What's the deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Full reason given:"Fucking dickhead stop using taunt binds"

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3u94x4wwf...t0005.jpg?dl=0

You just have to wait for the person who banned you come to the forum.

I have a feeling I know who banned you and will message the person, but that might be tomorrow, because its pretty late already over here.

hahah 100% sure who it is.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    you were banned by me for 500 games rather than 50 because you decided to disregard the popup box warning I gave you for running the flag and taunt gesturing waving/thrusting etc had you read my warning rather than instantly clicking out of it and ignoring it your ban would have been up already

The only pop up I received was the first ban "with no reason" for 3 games. (This may be caused by the XConsole and the GOG version of the game I am using?) When I tried to connect to ask what the deal was I was banned for the 500 as soon as I connected. As for the taunting, I am not 100% certain i know what you mean. Perhaps you can help me figure out what is happening?

I appreciate this server and am not looking to upset folks. I know I suck playing in general (as the name mockingly suggests) but giving me an unwarned 500 game ban seems a bit excessive. Especially when you have people who are breaking clearly stated rules such as the back shooting. Hell, I even make it a point to apologize if to players if I accidentally (out of r&g habit from other servers) as AdminAbuse can attest to when I did it to him.

I'd hate to have to stop playing this server and know that I have not contributed to it financially, but at the same time, admins jumping to this level of banning (5 & change days based on 15 minute games) for simply annoying them while others openly break the clearly stated rules unpunished seems unwelcoming.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    I gave you a popup box warning, so you werent banned pre-emptively without a warning. Which also happened to make you stop playing so to say you didnt get a warning means you're lying?

Its when you've binded wave/thrust etc to a key while moving. I suggest you go back and have a look at your user.ini or ut key bind config

Will remove the ban tonight

I found the bind, it was on my fire key. Thanks for helping me figure out where to look.

As for removing the ban, don't worry about it, i won't be coming back. Your "warning" did not show. The only thing i got was a "Connection Error" and when I hit escape the blank ban window was there. Perhaps a comment in the chat area, you know, where ALL the normal communication happens? Or even a PM via the XConsole that you guys promote which at least sparks a special noise. I got better things to do than lie to someone about a 20 year old game. Much less lie to someone who will rage ban a player for "waving too much".

Thanks for the games while it lasted.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll even go one step further and request you ban me from all your UnrealKiller servers, so I don't accidentally play on one of them. And i know my leaving is not some great loss for you and your server, i have no delusions there. But perhaps someone else who may have contributed to the financing of the server will see this post and reconsider, if even for an extra minute, possibly spending their money elsewhere.

Relax. He warned you , you get a box with a checkbox you have to check to get IT away. If not , maybe a error or mistake happened. Its solved now so no need to be mad

Not mad at all. Just don't like being called a liar. It is clear that your tool for warning people is flawed and your members get banhammer happy over something as simple as "he was waving too much." Perhaps your group should address that level of childishness. But again, whatever. I'm easy. It was fun. Thank you for that much.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindStormtrooper View Post
    Not mad at all. Just don't like being called a liar. It is clear that your tool for warning people is flawed and your members get banhammer happy over something as simple as "he was waving too much." Perhaps your group should address that level of childishness. But again, whatever. I'm easy. It was fun. Thank you for that much.
    Comeon , issue fixed. Youll never get banned for that again... Just enjoy game...

Thread Information