Are they defending or are they laming?

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are they defending or are they laming?

I'm getting sick and tired of players coming back to their base or turning around to check on base before flag is grabbed and killing you before the grab. Aren't they supposed to be going forward? I'm also sick an tired of players playing half field and waiting for the flag carrier to pass by, aren't they supposed to be moving forward? They justify it by saying they're defending but I see it as cheating. Am I right or wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by eliteverga View Post
    I'm getting sick and tired of players coming back to their base or turning around to check on base before flag is grabbed and killing you before the grab. Aren't they supposed to be going forward? I'm also sick an tired of players playing half field and waiting for the flag carrier to pass by, aren't they supposed to be moving forward? They justify it by saying they're defending but I see it as cheating. Am I right or wrong?
    if Im leaving my base, and you are getting inside and trying to grab my flag, im going to try to stop you, that´s normal... im not supposed to let you cap and/or win just cause i´m centimeters in front of you. that´s is not back-shooting and whoever tells you that doesn't know what CTF or teamplay is.
    there´s a line between ass and defending, yes. but the example you are giving is proper defending. especially if the team is weaker and all the help is necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

laming is what f0x is doing lately. change to the winning team just to win the game... that "broke" a lot of games last night. i dont report because i don´t really waste time on that ( he actually changed to a team and started boosting team mate with the flag... guess he was having a bad day :P ) ass-running is following you JUST for an extra killing, even if i have to walk the entire map to kill you from behind. for me, that´s a waste of time, but some people do it....
    Last edited by Psylunne; 09-25-2017 at 07:56 AM.

but if you leave your base you are not deffending ? or am i wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Psylunne View Post
    if Im leaving my base, and you are getting inside and trying to grab my flag, im going to try to stop you, that´s normal... im not supposed to let you cap and/or win just cause i´m centimeters in front of you. that´s is not back-shooting and whoever tells you that doesn't know what CTF or teamplay is.
    there´s a line between ass and defending, yes. but the example you are giving is proper defending. especially if the team is weaker and all the help is necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

laming is what f0x is doing lately. change to the winning team just to win the game... that "broke" a lot of games last night. i dont report because i don´t really waste time on that ( he actually changed to a team and started boosting team mate with the flag... guess he was having a bad day :P ) ass-running is following you JUST for an extra killing, even if i have to walk the entire map to kill you from behind. for me, that´s a waste of time, but some people do it....

I'm getting sick and tired of players coming back to their base or turning around to check on base before flag is grabbed and killing you before the grab. Aren't they supposed to be going forward?
    I'm not an admin, so I can't say for sure, but I have always understood it as:

If you are defending, then you never leave the base unless you are pushing up when your flag carrier has grabbed the enemy's flag. This would be to cover mid as your flag carrier runs back through mid, and typically you follow them back into the base to continue to cover them till you cap. He/she will also be outside the base in order to return their flag if taken. A defender shouldn't be outside his/her base otherwise. So, if somebody is chasing you back from mid to their flag as you grab, and both flags are on the stand, then they are probably an offensive player chasing you.

If you had a demo, this question would be 100% easier to understand/answer.
    Last edited by BiGbOsS; 09-25-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    Fierd_0/Doppelganger/Donutdan

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|ScReaM View Post
    but if you leave your base you are not deffending ? or am i wrong ?
    do people actually have the role of "defending" on public? normally on public servers people do all jobs depending on how the game is going.. at least that´s how i see it since 98 :P

its a gray area i guess, but i don´t think trying to kill a guy before he catch the flag ( especially if you know he´s good or you´re on a weaker team is a bad thing, unless you follow around a guy for half a map or half a game obviously. that´s why this is a generic question, always depending on what happen, therefore the request for a demo above.

there are deffending ppls who are on server . go to mid then turn around to your base i would say is chasing . cos if you were gonna move forward then you do it

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|ScReaM View Post
    there are deffending ppls who are on server . go to mid then turn around to your base i would say is chasing . cos if you were gonna move forward then you do it
    i didnt said "i reach mid and come back" :P i said if im leaving base only and not not turn around in mid for that kill. that is chasing and/or assshot .

for example, a guy right now on server was doing that on control ( fake-named "formerself", but i can´t be bothered to report or demo ) .

its a gray area i guess, dunno...

if you are on duku, opposite team on stairs, see a guy entering the base and shot back, that is "wrong" to me, for example.

for me what bothers me the most on the server is "pretending" to be helping the FC when staying in enemy base spawn killing... they say : "what? protecting my FC!! im giving it back up!" - he is not. happens a lot in "control" .
    Last edited by Psylunne; 09-29-2017 at 02:51 PM.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    formerself = ampenergy

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    formerself = ampenergy

dunno who that is. he came back and play well on the same day, i guess some maps brings the lamer out of us ( if we have them ) no matter the quality. going back to defending, i stop doing it when people start complaining about camping. so i just... attack even thugh i suck at it, and hope i get good backup :P

ok, ur right. did some defending and was banned for it , so.. :P guess u got ur answer xD .. dont defend, just attack like hell!

Thread Information