User Tag List

ut99.org Chaos Mapping Contest 2017 [RELEASE]

This is the map pack release resulting from the contest which took place at ut99.org with ChaosUT as its main theme.

Download: http://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-to...-2017-map-pack
    Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1cf4on...CMCmappack.zip

Additional information:
    Original release (ut99.org): https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12586
    Full HD screenshots (imgur): https://imgur.com/a/31oBT
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 12-16-2017 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Added mirror

This is another great map pack.

Wow. Never thought I'd see a post from @Feralidragon again! Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Wow. Never thought I'd see a post from @Feralidragon again! Welcome back
    Thank you , and to be honest, neither did I.
    But I have been around for the past few months for what it is worth, actually playing the game and all a few times a week, mostly instagib in your servers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
    mostly instagib in your servers though.
    Welcome back my friend. It's not what it used to be but there's still some life left and we should certainly enjoy it while it continues.

Still, I honestly think it's in a far better shape than one would expect after 3+ years, and it, along with other servers, have still a fair chance of getting highly populated again if certain things are done in that direction.

Regardless, UT99 instagib is still the best instagib for me, there's just no other game able to provide such a solid instagib experience, although I end up at the bottom of the scoreboard very often lol

Well I'm glad you are back Ferali. Maybe you could finish up those tutorials you started on UT99.org.

Quote Originally Posted by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} View Post
    Maybe you could finish up those tutorials you started on UT99.org.
    Nah, won't do that. I also need to relearn some of the stuff first (stuff I forgot or is hazy at best essentially), it's been well over 3 years after all.

But, for what it is worth, I do have some plans though, which hopefully should result into something far better than that.
    I won't get into much detail just yet, but I have been working on something since October of 2016, and while it's something which is not meant for UT99 alone, both UT99 and Unreal are the first games I intend to focus on first with this.

It's a 3-stage project, and I am still working in the 1st one (the foundation/framework), which is the one which should take the longest to finish, and if I manage to finish it (which I fully intend to), I should be able to show something for it and do incremental releases during the 2nd for people to start getting their hands on it, while the 3rd would be a new mod for both games, also with incremental faster releases over time so it can be played with by everyone, and which depends on the conclusion of the previous 2 stages.

The source would be open concerning the 1st (the foundation/framework) and 3rd (the mod), but closed concerning the 2nd, which will become obvious why if I get there.

However, take all of this with a grain of salt, it's a long-term fairly ambitious project and there are no full guarantees it will be even finished (apart from the 1st stage which is a must even for my own career for what it is worth, it's that serious of a project), so until I actually show something for it, you can easily consider all of this vaporware for the time being.
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 12-28-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Thread Information