User Tag List

Ideal Newnet Setup Again....

I want to revisit Ultimate Newnet and how to set up my PC for it. My issue with it is timing. Basically, it feels like I am .3-.5 a second behind. It gets kind of annoying because I notice I have to really lead my crosshair to kill anyone. Which I could do on any high ping server without NN. Maybe it plays this way for everyone and I need to adjust my thinking. But I am curious to hear what other players have done to enjoy lag-free gaming...from what I hear!

My PC is an i5 (dual core,3.6 Ghz), with Nvidia GTX650, 8GB's of DDR3 ram, 240 GB SSD HD, 144 HZ BenQ monitor, Logitech Keyboard, Razor Mouse.

I use Open Gl 3.7, 1920 x 1080 resolution, Low detail world, High skin detail, 144 Framerate ( I have tried 60-144), 20000 netspeed, 1GB internet speed.

That's all I can think of for now. On a normal low ping server without NN this is a good setup with playable conditions.

Thanks!

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Try d3d9 or d3d10 your gfx card is better suited to it and do you use directinput? Also its one thing having 144 frames and its another thing when its a stable 144 fps so check you have 144 frames under any gaming constraint within ut

Hi Blaze,
    Thanks for the tips. So Direct Input is off. My framerates hover between 143-144 unless I stay still then they drop to 125 ish. I tried d3d10 but it kept crashing so I tried d3d9 and it works great. Very smooth. Most of the NN servers I play on seem to be down or empty, but on my servers with NN it seemed pretty responsive. Mind you I have less than 50 ping on them. Anyway, I will report back after a few games. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Hi Blaze,
    Thanks for the tips. So Direct Input is off. My framerates hover between 143-144 unless I stay still then they drop to 125 ish. I tried d3d10 but it kept crashing so I tried d3d9 and it works great. Very smooth. Most of the NN servers I play on seem to be down or empty, but on my servers with NN it seemed pretty responsive. Mind you I have less than 50 ping on them. Anyway, I will report back after a few games. Thanks!
    Put desired framerate orso to abit above 144 so its more like 144/145

Also type mutate ace highperf to see if its on. It helps to keep frames etc stable.
    If you are on windows10 however, alot of the problem is that windows 10 has alot of " delay " itself.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Like nordog said put min framerate at 144 and the actual framerate in the ini under the relevant renderer setting as

the turn on or make sure highperftoggle is on and youre good to go. The reason you're having a split second delay us because of your framerates dropping

Thread Information