User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Back shooting sickness, ideas and opinions

Hi all! The never ending complaint of backshooting from players (in-game) happens every day. Noone likes to be a rat and send in demos, at least I don't. A simple request for the stopping of such skill is required. Sometimes they comply, sometimes not. The way I define Backshooting is this, IF FLAGS ARE IN PLACE, NO BACKSHOOTING, IF THERE NOT, WELL, THATS COVER. SO! I been thinking on this almost meditatively, maybe we can have someone that has experience in UT programing that can help. I have a good friend that may help (he doesn't know it yet)but I'll ask. So, the description, if you backshoot someone they die, but the backshooter dies as well and looses 5 points. This will only trigger if flags are in place. Let me know what you think or is this a waste of good peoples time. I think this would help remove the burden of admins and Sam and all others who have to deal with this issue. UT FOREVER!

First of all i like your attitude towards solving this but: we are not in prison culture. Ratting seriously? I couldn't give a rats a$$ giving up my grandma if she backshot consistently. (Kim has already recieved some notes on my sister)
    If my granny disrespected all other players by acting out this annoying and game destroying behaviour, why not just doing that one thing that forces her to change or rat the $ off. Especially if she is my granny i'd give her the face to directly confront. And when it gets hopeless, then demo. It's the behaviour... not the person.

It's respect to the CTF game, and mostly wished by the community to have a fun game for all. Also it's the set rules by the owners of this server trough testing & outcome, feedback, trial and error.

I'd say grow a pair, and see it for what it really is. The choice to show backbone to support your actual wishes.... so personal growth in congruency. Stand for what you want, even when it gets some resistance. Kim has plenty of mailbox space for you too.

It's just i can't get my demo to work. And it's the nights that are much worse (days for you

Little edit; this would be programming in order to not having to face the emotional resistance you get from yourself, and then and maybe some demo poster haters being vulnerable for that, only because of your own judgementality to it.
    It's like plastic surgery for something that is perfectly healthy, just needs some mental training.
    Last edited by TumTum; 08-27-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Though i have to add. There are only a few players that carry the playability of a good game according to the set rules. Those pillars are the demo posters. Only consistency can keep that up for a reason.
    The system is perfect enough, but the community lacks backbones. 1*Because most here have personal issues that turn blind eye in indiffirence or get nasty being asked or confronted, since thats the easy way. Not because it doesn't affect them
    I've asked several times last weeks to use kickvote for someone only chasing and camping middle and no one used it, while all saw what happened. 0-0-0 stats.
    And since i said something, 1*that persons attention can turn to you and quite nasty. In real life i'd directly confront and if needed punch his nose or liver flat when the attitude gets really that bad. But somehow that never happened, my energy is direct, and people sense it.

And thats what it is here on internet, if can, they try to get away with it.
    Guess that says a lot, which frustrated me so i left. No reason to stay then, and let some 1* get under my skin purely for the reason to do so.
    But left with the self respect i've achieved and came here with, most here don't have, the main reason they don't kickvote. They don't even realise this structure of pillars is a social construct to serve all and the most effective way to do so.

Hope you realised Kim was a jungian dark shadow metaphore as in established unconscious presuppositions that only border yourself, as wel as a joke.

Maybe since the admins are not much active anymore this can be solved by making a few more peole admin?
    Last edited by TumTum; 08-28-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Please understand TT that its not the confrontation or lack of nerve to confront. It's the repetition. We need to handle this with care and not run off new players. The overall picture and longevity of the players, this can be solved with this mod, in my own opinion. I'm an Idea man, its what I do. But, I appreciate your opinion, so thx for the input. On a side note, Remember this is just a game, and we should care for the people behind the kb. Love is More Powerful than an instagib rifle. lmao Another idea is to have the full definition of backshooting appear and fade out at the start of the match. This might be an easier solution that is within reach.

I don't understand why it isn't love for the game or the people who do like to play a good game that motivates me to write here?

Giving my opinion trying to send you a message that is even quite personal, hoping you might just grip it. I think it's a great idea, but for a wrong reason. But thats me, i'm just a nobody here.
    If i didn't have the goodwill factor even only to you, i wouldn't even write 1 msg. to you.

Respect is given to enjoy it. Love even, Sam and Blaze own it, they are carrying responsibilities...for payment, functioning not the other way around, same for the team here who has done so much to keep it all functioning. They don't ask for love back, but to respect the rules. It just needs some pillars here, who make demos with the community thats left. And with some pillars, more pillars will rise, simple effect.

This is a private server from people gor who come to visit here, they take a piss on it's rules and it's owners, admins, community. thats what backshooting is.
    But you preach love... love doesn't work like that, misfitted flowerpower love, thats fake man seriously.
    It's being affraid to set boundries and be able to be respected still, or loved or being thought of as nice person? But not love i can guarantee you that.
    We should care too? Like are you stewarding diapers around and Fleecey the pacifiers? Maybe Scream the icescreams? Whats next, dancing the hula hula on their lap for them in bikini's?
    Let me not psychologise further, or hack n slash, it's my second nature. Well meant to you, same for the server and players, only reason for being here
    Last edited by TumTum; 08-29-2018 at 03:56 AM.

So far, this thread, is, in itself, a backshot.

Do you think with the dynamicity in CTF it is programmable bettter than just being moderated? I don't believe thats possible, that will interfere with and destroy the CTF game.

All options are here already, you just won't use them for a reason... i think that is quite clear... it's not a backshot, it's a confrontation. I do really hope you pick up on that. With or without making the choice to carry what you came here for. Only a few are needed to guide this community to 0 regulars who do backshots now.

You came here to be a pillar, but i believe in a wrong way, a pillar that don't carry the weight needed to realise what you want> no more backshots.
    You want to without a confrontation, so i gave you one to show it isn't that bad, hoping of pulling you trough. Get out of that victim pattern man, all i've seen of you is way above that! Don't make it something it isn't.

You do care, came with a plan, thats more than a lot of guys ever done here.

It's not a backshot, it's also learning curve possibility. I know 90% of who reads this doesn't get it the least, most people don't come futher than posing so much ego, they think they are only ego. And don't choose grow charachter traits or insight but stay snowflaky. And then say it's "only a game" and girls just want to have fun, and guys just want to have instagun.
    You want something, just do it. Don't create ways around it, they go off the path that is perfectly set. The only real thing that can feel as a backshot is the fact that you want something, but use numerous excuses to get around it, that makes it feel like a backshot. Those excuses have a backlash, it's a law, the part of you that pulls back, and then fall back into a victim pattern. Instead of picking up and creating pride.
    How hard can it be really?
    Sad to see mate, much strenght and love!

lmao you keep trying to angle this directly on me, as if , I am simply making a reply for those who won't. I think that when you read things, your comprehension of what is written escapes you. Just wanted others opinions. thanks for yours. I know where you stand now.

Well, i just tried demomanager 3.3 and 3.4 again and still can't get them to work. Trying to find something how to make them work or another program.
    Hoping to stand next to you doing some actual clean up. Blown enough fire now hoping to ignite you to do the one thing SAM hammered on time and time again, DEMOS, those angle on people that means you too and all tohse who use escapisms not too have to.
    Demos are the the only practical thing that works effectively and also almost directly that can be done this minute.
    If you have anything of value to say about comprehension, do so. Ill leave this one for others.

Now that you have vented, if we keep demo banning people for bad gameplay, we are limiting the amount of people who still play this game and could possibly run them off. what I was suggesting was a new tool, something that fit the criteria of the present community, PLUS, this is just discussion, no need to get hot. Demo banning is a good tool to use back when the game had a very large community, now its limited. That being said I can ask the "programmers" is it possible?

Thread Information