SJA random projects

User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

SJA random projects

I thought I would make a thread for all my current, and future projects I make when I'm bored(if on the odd chance someone is interested), instead of keep making more topics.

Today I stated to make a random game/simulator of a game of woot, there are six players on each team, and they try and kill each other. I originally did this with projectiles instead of instagib, but I went back to the instagib style. The players don't move yet, I plan to make them play a game of CTF in the future, and give each player specific tasks, e.g defending, attacking,camping... Each player has different skill levels, and this affects the way the player plays.

Here is a video of what I've made so far:

While uploading the video I added "x spree was ended by y", and a few other things.

Is this made in HTML5? or php?
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

It's an HTML5 canvas, and you use javascript. PHP wouldn't be a good choice of language to make a game with, its not designed to do stuff like that, but still possible to do, I guess you could make a multiplayer game using sockets.

Darren html5 is a markup language, its not the same thing as a programming or scripting language, some people find the need to rage at people for putting html in the same category.

And for the love of God, stay far away from PHP. The only language anyone needs to know for the web these days is JavaScript. Modern JavaScript (ES6 and certain ES7 proposals) is nearly perfect. I also highly recommend React + Flux (and of course NodeJS). I'm actually working on an extremely extensible in-browser editor using said technologies that allows you to pull, edit, and push changes to git repos with hot reloading. Hot reloading allows you to instantly see your changes within your app without refreshing the page while you code.

Javascript is my favorite language, closely followed by c++(although I'm still a noob with it ), can you recommend any React + Flux, and or nodeJS books?

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Javascript is my favorite language, closely followed by c++(although I'm still a noob with it ), can you recommend any React + Flux, and or nodeJS books?
    Honestly, what's great about React + Flux is that it makes everything really simple, so you probably won't need any books to get started with those. Try to find some tutorials made within the last few months and you should be set. (I say last few months because things are moving forwards pretty quickly right now.) Although, assuming you don't have a Linux machine (or Mac) readily available, I'd install Ubuntu Server (just command line stuff) on a VM and run NodeJS from there. I'd be glad to find you some good tutorials when I get a chance.

--- Updated ---

Also, you should look into BabelJS, which allows you to use future JavaScript standards today.

Thanks. I actually don't know much about HTML5, my "fort" (quoting cuz I'm new to all this ->3 months) is C++. I've seen some JS and Delphi snippets and I don't think it should be hard to learn those, since the differences are not crucial...
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

If you learn c++ first, every other language will be easy to learn.

HTML would only take a few hours (if that) to learn most of the basics, javascript is not exactly hard either.

@~~D4RR3N~~
    Free ebooks for programming and other IT stuff, I use it to have a look at a book before I buy them.
    https://it-ebooks.info/

In the c++ book I have, the author(and creator of c++) recommends the book called "Programming, Principles and Practice using c++(Bjarne Stroustrup)" for beginners.

I know a guy (Who's been actually my mentor, one of my dad's friend) who has that book IRL. I've read it time to time.
    Seriously programming has been one of the funniest things I've done. Now with all this UT lags I've found it even more interesting.
    I use Embarcadero's AppMethod (Free License for now) which RAD Studio XE8
    All of us. Enjoy.

Thread Information