User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Five ways to improve this dumb server

<nogginBasher> 1) reduce kickidler time, or disable auto-respawn SO THAT KICKIDLERS WORKS

50% of games start with 5 noobs idling and completely screwing the game for their team. I offer you two options to solve this. PLEASE for the love of God pick one.

Getting kicked for being idle is way better than a kickvote, because you can rejoin after. And ofc kickvote never works because the threshold is just too high. Players prefer to rape static enemies and build their awesome base!

<nogginBasher> 2) disable team switching

Every few games some noob decides he's gonna switch to the winning team. It's distracting and dumb. Even if we spam !t, the weaker team he switched from is down a player until he eventually gets pissed and leaves.

Why is there even an option to switch teams? I never see the "strong" players do it when the teams are bad, but they should. (If you are on the stronger team and have more players, just rejoin the server and you'll be put on the weaker team. Naturally most of you won't do this, but players with balls might.)

<nogginBasher> 3) upload the fixed version of Burning

MAL is so pro, he nukes through the window! I can give you 2 alternative copies in IRC.

While you're at it, where are Schmydro, Duku and DiamondSword?

<nogginBasher> 4) reduce the strength of the overpowered zp sniper rifle, or just remove that shit

Flat maps. Zeroping. Sniper arena is just boring.

Blaze thinks sniper is skill but don't believe him lol. Skill is predicting where your opponent will be, and putting a projectile there. Not waiting for his head to go under your crosshair, then clicking.

You're encouraging a generation of UT players who only know one weapon, and who think they own at UT lol.

<nogginBasher> 5) ignore all my advice, and wait for someone to configure a better siege server

Finally just wanna say, my avatar rocks, even more than SAM's. In the corner it says "that had to hurt".

Suggestions always welcome. No one likes to make them no matter how many times I ask for any sort of feedback.

I tried disabling teams, there was a teamswitch "fix" placed on the server...however, atb was not able to counter it, remember?

Kick idler time will be reduced. Also, forcerespawn will be taken off

Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    Kick idler time will be reduced. Also, forcerespawn will be taken off
    Done.

Oh wow great job! I thought you were ignoring me in IRC until |uK|Shiva admitted he wasn't you. xD

But also you fail! No-auto-respawn can be used for spying! Well that might be quite nice, let's see what people think. ^^ Reduced timeout would be fine otherwise.

n1 dood

P.S. This thread has the most awesome sigs I have seen on the whole site.

Unhappy

damn noggie, I thought you were a nice guy....

SAM thanks for fixing those, been meaning to drop a bug in your ear about a few of the above suggestions (i think 1, 2 and 3) also would it be possible to delay the game start time to somewhere around a full minute? Ace lags people pretty hard at the start of the maps and that's a very crucial part of any siege game.

The zp sniper does not need to be nerfed, do you not recall how much it costs to upgrade the supplier? And with the ultimate weapon the supplier gives out being the sniper, i think it's fair that everyone has the power to kill people fast.
    It takes a lot of skill to kill people with the sniper as well, have you ever heard of too accurate? You have to have your crosshair at the exact location the player is, and with hitscan it still ensures a degree of difficulty. You know how hard that is I'm sure.

I like how you started this thread after you left the pug.:mad:

P.S. SAM I think you're running an excellent siege server.
    Let the haters hate.
    Last edited by <|Pius|>; 07-12-2011 at 10:15 PM.

"Boom, Headshot!" - FPS_Doug
    Siege Strategy Guide Available at: http://www.mediafire.com/?auf58ax6vhbu5ry

well if u disable teamswitching the noobs will go as spec and then wait till a spot is open in the winning team and with no possibility to get switched to his original team UNLESS in the game if u start in red for example u cant be on blue in the match (exception is if u get switched by the server to even teams)
    and i have a question if u remove force respawn does the kickidlers still work? also reducing kickidler time is very nice but maybe it will confuse being idle with using feign death for example u r on enemy base using feign death and u get kicked lol
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Nice discussions guys. Pius don't get mad. I just gave this thread a controversial title to get some views. ^^ I don't think the server can be that bad given how popular it is. Also I never left the pug. My .join was too late.

I would also support a slower game start. An extra 15 seconds wouldn't kill us. We could chat some map strategies!

Edit: In another thread I posted how this could actually help team balance. One problem with the fast start of a new map is that a lot of players quit right after the game starts, messing with the lovely balance! Give them a little longer to make up their minds, and the players who aren't gonna play can leave, without messing up the teams. +15 seconds SAM, what's to lose?!

I agree zeroping is vital to bring together players from all over the world. It's just a shame it leads to sniper arena. ;p I would like to use it less myself, but I have a duty to my team to frag more than get fragged!

My revised FixWeaponDamage mutator to reduce sniper damage unfortunately doesn't affect damage to armour which is a real shame. But we tried it in LMS and it actually seemed ok. One alternative might be to increase strength of other weapons, rather than decrease sniper, but I think that's the wrong approach.
    Last edited by noggieB; 07-13-2011 at 01:53 AM.

The sniper thing is a valid point, but it can be mostly fixed with the right maps. I find it funny that most of the sniper-oriented players call any map that isn't large and flat a "spam" map. It's also pretty funny watching them try to snipe in these more complex maps due to their sensitivity being at 0.000000001337. It does take skill to be good with a sniper, but this fact is usually offset by the fact that siege is 125 speed, zeroping, and almost always on completely flat maps. It is fun every now and then, but it's really become synonymous with the siege mod. My favorite siege map is Butchered, the beauty of that map is that sniper is not always the best weapon choice and that it doesn't usually last 2 hours. I doubt anything will change with the kind of maps we play, everyone has this idea that siege should be a certain way when it comes to gun fights by now.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noggieB View Post
    <nogginBasher> 4) reduce the strength of the overpowered zp sniper rifle, or just remove that shit

Flat maps. Zeroping. Sniper arena is just boring.

Blaze thinks sniper is skill but don't believe him lol. Skill is predicting where your opponent will be, and putting a projectile there. Not waiting for his head to go under your crosshair, then clicking.

You're encouraging a generation of UT players who only know one weapon, and who think they own at UT lol.
    if how you aim is wait for a player to go to your crosshair it explains why your so bad at UT and yes i do think playing a proper 5v5 sniper arena match takes more skill then using ripper like you do.

WHATANOOBS

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoD|Moskva View Post
    well if u disable teamswitching the noobs will go as spec and then wait till a spot is open in the winning team and with no possibility to get switched to his original team UNLESS in the game if u start in red for example u cant be on blue in the match (exception is if u get switched by the server to even teams)
    i kick/ban people for this i suggest the other admins do the same for fags who go spec because they want to be on the other team then come back in a few minutes later to the team they wanted to be on

Quote Originally Posted by CoD|Moskva View Post
    and i have a question if u remove force respawn does the kickidlers still work? also reducing kickidler time is very nice but maybe it will confuse being idle with using feign death for example u r on enemy base using feign death and u get kicked lol
    this is a valid point if anything take kickidlers off for this very reason and make a mod similar to kickvotes but instead its voting on to send the idled player to spec

Thread Information