User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noggieB View Post
    Nice discussions guys. Pius don't get mad. I just gave this thread a controversial title to get some views. ^^ I don't think the server can be that bad given how popular it is. Also I never left the pug. My .join was too late.

I would also support a slower game start. An extra 15 seconds wouldn't kill us. We could chat some map strategies!

Edit: In another thread I posted how this could actually help team balance. One problem with the fast start of a new map is that a lot of players quit right after the game starts, messing with the lovely balance! Give them a little longer to make up their minds, and the players who aren't gonna play can leave, without messing up the teams. +15 seconds SAM, what's to lose?!

I agree zeroping is vital to bring together players from all over the world. It's just a shame it leads to sniper arena. ;p I would like to use it less myself, but I have a duty to my team to frag more than get fragged!

My revised FixWeaponDamage mutator to reduce sniper damage unfortunately doesn't affect damage to armour which is a real shame. But we tried it in LMS and it actually seemed ok. One alternative might be to increase strength of other weapons, rather than decrease sniper, but I think that's the wrong approach.
    Rays and I were talking and I think we brainstormed a way to fix the above issues and many more. We were aiming for weapon equality, but moreso, siege equality. Expect a post with a wall of text in the very new future. Expect it.
    Sorry about going off on you earlier. In the near future if you have a suggestion, it's easier to get what you want with sugar.
    Last edited by <|Pius|>; 07-13-2011 at 10:09 AM.

"Boom, Headshot!" - FPS_Doug
    Siege Strategy Guide Available at: http://www.mediafire.com/?auf58ax6vhbu5ry

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    i seriously think certain normal weapons ctf maps would be really good for siege it might actually make people use a weapon other then the sniper sometimes

So suggest them then.

The less time it takes to kickidlers I think needs to be extended to a bit longer.
    In a match of bathrooms last night, SW was doing some admin work and got kicked for being "idle"
    I got kicked for being "idle" when I went to get a bottle of water. Ended up not being able to use my 4000+ ru because when I came back it didn't recover.

Plus, there needs to be a SP limit, because it really lags the server when "noobs" make 10+ SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by noggieB View Post
    <nogginBasher> 1) reduce kickidler time, or disable auto-respawn SO THAT KICKIDLERS WORKS

50% of games start with 5 noobs idling and completely screwing the game for their team. I offer you two options to solve this. PLEASE for the love of God pick one.

Getting kicked for being idle is way better than a kickvote, because you can rejoin after. And ofc kickvote never works because the threshold is just too high. Players prefer to rape static enemies and build their awesome base!
    Quote Originally Posted by kron View Post
    The less time it takes to kickidlers I think needs to be extended to a bit longer.
    In a match of bathrooms last night, SW was doing some admin work and got kicked for being "idle"
    I got kicked for being "idle" when I went to get a bottle of water. Ended up not being able to use my 4000+ ru because when I came back it didn't recover..
    Why do I bother.

Kickidlers will kick you if the server is full. The countdown which beeps you out of the server is 40 seconds. If you will be idle then you need to spec. It was 90 seconds before, I have just about halved it because obviously it wasn't working.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    well here goes

CTF-Disposable-UGL-LE102
    CTF-FirePot
    CTF-Glacier][-CE105
    CTF-Ronsico][
    CTF-Relentless-IG
    CTF-Ratchet
    CTF-Vengeance-CE103
    CTF-Nucleus
    CTF-Noxion16
    CTF-DiamondSword_CE
    CTF-Cybrosis][
    CTF-Curse][-v2
    CTF-Burning
    CTF-BollWerK105
    CTF-Beholder
    CTF-Almost-LE
    CTF-[C]BeerWars ( the version where spawn points ARENT in enemy base which is the current on the server needs to be replaced with this version)
    CTF-'uK-Aero
    CTF-Stalwart'V2
    CTF-Revision
    CTF-[C]CrippledWar][
    CTF-(DH)Everest1
    CTF-Anfractuous
    CTF-Asteroid
    CTF-Snipefortress
    CTF-Azcanize-LE102
    CTF-Lucius

maps that might need slight editing to move the core to a more suitable place
    CTF-Glacier][-CE105
    CTF-High
    CTF-Ratchet
    CTF-Vengeance-CE103
    CTF-DiamondSword_CE
    CTF-Burning (original)
    CTF-Beholder
    CTF-Almost-LE
    CTF-Revision
    CTF-[C]CrippledWar][
    CTF-Anfractuous
    CTF-Asteroid
    CTF-Snipefortress
    CTF-Azcanize-LE102

ive got loads more in mind deathhunter has said he is up to editing the maps ive highlighted out for editing
    Last edited by |uK|B|aZe//.; 07-13-2011 at 05:37 PM.

It's not like I left for 5 minutes man. I left for 1 minute to get something to drink and when I came back my spot was taken and all my RU gone. That's unfair imo.

SW...LOL-should have removed idle timer being an admin and having this happen so many times before. WATHANOOBS.
    B|aZe-FTW. fuckin awesome map list man, i can't wait to play some of those, namely Firepot...also could you add CTF-firenze to the list? don't think it would need much editing, just move the core back into the doorway behind the flag.
    SAM-Why DO you bother?
    kr0n-lol, do !s if you have to get up for any reason, I do. At least then you still have a chance of recovering your ru provided you can get back in.
    ALSO, SAM CTF-DDayv3 (i think. It's the one with 2 bridges and is bigger, with a mirror instead of the sniper hole in the (larger) flagroom and the flag off to the left side of the base) would make a GREAT siege map with no editing.

AUTO RESPAWN should be on cuz of spying! Don't remove it

About zeroping... when i 1st joined the server i hated cuz of sniper abuse (as it is on all zeroping games) but still i would suck so badly with this high ping and without zeroping (in a way that i [and other europeans] would get owned by americans).
    Only weapon which is overpowered is minigun!!!!!!!
    Last edited by terminator; 07-13-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    Only weapon which is overpowered is minigun!!!!!!!
    Viki_Viktorius....remember?
    'Nuff said.

Thread Information