User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    well maps will be coming real soon just waiting for the last 4 or so maps to be edited for siege play and they will all be put on

Nerf the flame in the meantime PLEASE

"Boom, Headshot!" - FPS_Doug
    Siege Strategy Guide Available at: http://www.mediafire.com/?auf58ax6vhbu5ry

moar sniper flamez!

It does take skill to use sniper. You have to aim at a small moving target. (Thanks to training on uK server I can now occasionally achieve this on FFA! But it's still boring. :P )

I think it takes just as much aiming skill to send a long-range flak ball to the right spot, and additionally it requires the skill of predicting where your enemy will be at that time.

It also gives your enemy the chance to notice and avoid it, or perhaps more amusingly, dodge right into it! I think the projectile weapons are a lot more fun, sometimes creating unexpected boosts and some laughter.

When Blaze kills me with a flak cannon on FFA I am 100x happier than when I receive yet-another headshot on siege.

Ray, yeah I did recently write a mutator to reduce sniper damage. It's called FixWeaponBalance and it's on my site. (It also reduces minigun.) But I've realised that's not the solution, because...

Unlike most DM and CTF games, Siege is played in non-hardcore mode, where ALL the weapons have reduced ("noob-friendly") damage. But since the sniper still does 100 damage for a headshot, a 0:100 player will notice no difference from that weapon! (Irregardless of the zp.) So really I can't reduce sniper, or we lose the headshot.

One solution I have considered is to increase the damage of all the weapons back to the level of hardcore mode. But this is rather roundabout.

I think the proper solution is to fix the siege jetpack, so it will work in hardcore mode, and then we can play Siege the same as CTF and DM. (And we will also be able to dodge onto the boxes like normal.)

Then we might still consider reducing sniper damage, to compensate for zp. :P

Other "improvements"

I think the no-auto-respawn has really helped the beginning of a game. An idle teammate is only a 1-time leech for the enemies, instead of continually respawning and offering himself as RU! Unfortunately we have to accept "spying" as a side-affect of this change. So be careful building secret stuff near enemy corpses!!

But I would still like to promote Puis's idea of increasing the time before the game starts. To make it easy for Sam, I've looked up the setting:

[Botpack.DeathMatchPlus]
    NetWait=15

(This is the setting I use on nzp. Go for 20 if you feel brave! And bear in mind that siege games last bloody ages!)

Why do we need this?

Well when a new map starts, the teams get rebalanced very quickly, and the game starts. But then often players will decide they don't wanna play, and leave or spec. If any of those players who leave are strong players, then this has a real bad affect on the teambalance. It makes the initial balancing and all those stats we stored rather useless!

I hope that with a slightly slower game start, people will make the decision to leave *before* the game starts, and thus team balancing will actually work, and the idlers might even have made it back to their PCs!

Oh I just wanted to make one more clarification: SAM is actually a pretty good admin.

Although he can't code for toffee, he did put a lot of work into the server and was always fast to respond to issues, as it evolved through many different stages over the last years. He's also very good at hassling coders and admins on unrealadmin.org until he gets the results he needs! And I even saw him helping others with the stuff he learned, gg.

Only bad thing I would say was use of the dodgy IpServer.u that sometimes makes the server lie about the number of players there! Not the first guy to use this mod, but hopefully the last.

About his little brother Blaze, probably best I say nothing.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    oh no incoming hate train

AFK.

Thread Information