User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clarion [SwS] [4] (bO.o)b'd hard!

They said it couldnt be done!

Well nobody said that but anyhoo...

I spent alot of hours correcting many building mistakes to make this possible, so dont be too hard on me. The original map plays fine BUT the building mistakes made this 4 team map even harder to complete.

I only have a few screens, but I tried to keep the map similar to what you already know. The bases were shrunk to make the map tighter.

Enjoy!

The lighting has been reduced to mimic twilight to somewhat match the original skybox.

I might do more detailing. Submitting VERY soon!
    Last edited by (bO.o)b; 02-23-2018 at 01:22 AM.
    I Didn't 'Make' NIVEN, I Just Made It Last Forever.

Boob, your remakes look wayy too dark.

Quote Originally Posted by RTG` View Post
    The original had no lighting at all if I remember, that's why this one looks darker, and this one probably won't burn your eyes out.

wow never expected this. looks good so far!
    uhm in which hut is the core located? for example on green base. left? right? top? or the bottom hut?
    also agree with what sniper sja says.

where the edges at mid bridges! those are life savers!
    Never Lucky.

It will be interesting to see how the five entrances into each base pans out. With the outer wall and jet packs it seems like there will be plenty of creative ways to enter into a base. The map looks like it will be fun to play with a large amount of people.
    Last edited by BiGbOsS; 02-23-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    Fierd_0/Doppelganger/Donutdan

Quote Originally Posted by RTG` View Post
    I have heard this before thats why I made this thread b4 i finalize the map. To get feedback. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    The original had no lighting at all if I remember, that's why this one looks darker, and this one probably won't burn your eyes out.
    The original map has a sprinkling of lights above each base set to the maximum level. I prefer lights that have a light source. This map has a night-time skybox, but the arena was bright as fuck. So I used zone lighting to make the map seem more of an evening twilight light to match the skybox's mood. I might try to create light sources so the map has proper shadows. I've spent enought time getting it to this point so might not happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    wow never expected this. looks good so far!
    uhm in which hut is the core located? for example on green base. left? right? top? or the bottom hut?
    also agree with what sniper sja says.
    The core is in the same house as the SwS Clarion. The Core house and the Spawn house are closer but in a similar configuration, so nukes that hit the core could kill players standing in the Supplier near the spawn points. The front two houses have been moved the most but are the same as SwS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    where the edges at mid bridges! those are life savers!
    Turning those missing edges 45 degrees made real bad BSP holes in the map. Getting the Mid-Weapon will be a bit risky now

I have considered removing all the edges. I still might.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BiGbOsS View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the five entrances into each base pans out. With the outer wall and jet packs it seems like there will be plenty of creative ways to enter into a base. The map looks like it will be fun to play with a large amount of people.
    I tried to keep the bases close so the Super Booster would work like it does on the 2 team map. Jetpack > Boost > Nuke > Rinse > Repeat seems to be all anyone does now days anyway. lol
    I Didn't 'Make' NIVEN, I Just Made It Last Forever.

Nice, i would really like to test it already, seems fun.

yet another 4way map with teams positions wrongly placed. Red should be in front of blue and green in front of gold, not to the sides. w/e there's already maps like that in the server

Agreed with krikor. You should take reference of 4way-Face and then map the bases.

There are separate paths to each of the bases along with one that goes to midspawn where you have ways to other bases aswell. This is so not 4 way. Like I said, take 4way-Face as a reference to build the paths and bases.

Also the lighting could be little bit brighter. Why? Skins like war machine have dark texture and sneaking would be relatively easy.

Thread Information